WindSLIC UEFI SLIC injector

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by nononsence, Oct 16, 2011.

I have written a batch script which installs all the necessary certificates and slics. I have converted it to an exe file and it works! I can post a link if you want.

1. What error message you received?

2. SHEVARASTAIGANX

SHEVARASTAIGANX MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2021
    Sorry my bad, it works.
    But, i have dual boot with android x86 and then i have 2 windows boot manager(the default and the activated).
    Then i want to change this entry on grub.
    Pease helpe me..

3. I am not an expert, but I think you should uninstall WindSLIC (by running EzWindSLIC.bat again) and then using something more permanent like a BIOS mod.

4. ichbinein6_mdl

ichbinein6_mdl MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2015
    I always thought Daz Loader had to be used in MBR partitions only (I’m using GPT). I’ll give it a shot.

By the way, how can I check if a SLIC is already present? And what other prerequisites are necessary for your tool to work?

5. You can check for existing SLIC by using MGADiag. My tool should work if:
    1. You have no existing SLIC/MSDM table in your firmware
    2. Your OS is 64-bit
    3. You are running UEFI
    4. You are running one of the following OS: Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Basic N, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Business N, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Home Premium E, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Professional E, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Ultimate E, Windows Server 2008 Standard, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
    5. Critical system files are intact (system files are patched by software like RemoveWAT, ChewWGA and even Rearm Wizard)

6. Daz Loader will work if you have an existing SLIC, because then it just has to install a cert and a key, which can be installed on any system.

7. ichbinein6_mdl

Sep 14, 2015
    1. No SLIC. Check.
    2 & 4. Win 7 Ultimate x64. Check.
    3. UEFI / GPT. Check.
    5. Kinda check. I'm using an ISO with some components removed by NTLite (but it worked in VMware). I don't believe any critical component was removed.

---

You also said that Daz would work if you have SLIC.

According to my test (in VMware), Daz wouldn't work at first, because the partition was unsupported.

Then I used EzWindSLIC and activation was successful. After that, Daz would work, but it was pointless to use it.

---

As I said before, the tool worked, but the key was considered invalid.

I really don't understand: the same key (provided in Ez) worked in VMware but not in a real PC. Since it was the same ISO and setup, if there were some kind of blacklist in it (or Windows just phoning home, since internet was active), it would fail in both cases.

Thanks for your answers.

8. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    The original Rearm Wizard did not patch files. Don't confuse with RemoveWAT, ChewWGA and the like.

9. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    No, they aren't messed up, check the error codes. 0x80070003 means "Path not found". They are simply not there as the KB971033 update is not installed.

For these 4 files, 0x80070002 and 0x80070003 are non-critical and can be ignored.

10. ichbinein6_mdl

Sep 14, 2015
    IT WORKED!

I tested again yesterday, this time with Rearm Wizard installed. Somehow, the key was accepted.

I had a problem with resuming from hibernation, but I fixed it after disabling and reenabling hibernation.

Thanks again.

Maybe it was a cached non-genuine status. Good to know it's fixed.