Winload.exe digital signature cannot be verified

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cincity, Aug 11, 2009.

1. cincity

cincity MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2009
    #1 cincity, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
    I just recently got windows 7 ultimate 7600 16835 RTM from a P2P network, i installed it, works great, very beautiful OS, 30 days left. I am not familiar with installing OS's and working with BIOS mods or even the BIOS in general, im what some would say..a noobie. So i got the the hazar act8vator and the orbit, along with the orbit+hazar for ultimate only, did what the instruction said, rebooted and it took me to a black screen that said (im sorry i cant remember exactly) something about files have been changed and digital signature cannot be verified,
    File:\windows\system32\winload.exe
    Info: windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file
    So i press F8 from that black screen, it takes me right back to the same screen, try to repair with the ISO disk but it wont repair, only option is to completely re-install it again, im sure atleast a few other people have had, or are going to have this problem so i started this thread in hopes of ways to prevent or fix this.
    I am on a dell inspiron 1525 laptop

2. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    What kind of computer is it? Is it a Dell, HP Compaq? We need a bit more info >.>

3. cincity

cincity MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2009
    Its a dell inspiron 1525 laptop

4. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    If you have read the forums people who have Dell's or Hp's have had major issues, mainly with lo*ders. Your probably going to have to go the HardMod route meaning mod your Bios and flash it.

Maybe someone here has your same model.Hopefully they can provide some insight on if they used a lo*der or if they had to get there bios modded.

5. cincity

cincity MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2009
    Yeah i hope there is an answer other then modding, i have no idea how to flash a bios, i made a back up bios, and got the modded bios for my model, but i dont know how to install the mod,lol its an .exe file and i dont know if i just click on it or make in to an .hdr file and boot it?

6. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    I believe you can find info on the forums on how to flash your bios.Just look around and you'll run into the info you need, lots of people have flashed there dell comps.