WinPE [Build Your Own]

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by freddie-o, Jan 28, 2019.

1. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #61 freddie-o, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    (OP)
  2. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    #63 Atari800XL, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    @chrisr, congratulations on the Anniversary Edition of Win10XPE, the easiest way to create a Windows "rescue" (live) USB!! (for those who didn't know yet).
    :clap::clap::clap::clap3::clap::clap::clap:
    C'mon MDL'ers, give this one a go, it's so easy, and once you tried it, you don't want to live without it!

It was a nice and unexpected surprise to see your return to the PE world last year, so let's hope the fun in developing is back for you, even though things on "the other forum" have turned ugly once again over the last few weeks.:moon:
    I believe with Win10XPE, you have created a totally independent project, so if you ever need to carry it over to a different forum, it will be easier for you this time around. (Hey, even MDL could be a new [spare] home for you).

Win10XPE produces a feature-rich and complete USB solution, with 90% of all the tools you would ever need (see freddie-o's post above). Then for any additional tools, there the collection of Add-on scripts, maintained by James (aka KyHi). A big thanks to him as well, not only for collecting all the extra tools and scripts, but also for supporting ChrisR over the last year.

Excellent job done by both you guys!!

3. quywz

quywz MDL Junior Member

Jun 30, 2017
    How to set default wallpaper after startup explorer in winpe

Not use pecmd.exe.

Many peolpe mayb reply "set pecmd.ini".But I want set that by a base frame way.

I try to change [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper] to specify a image paper.When pe start,that image paper is shown,And then when explorer starup,the wallpaper is changed to solid color background.

I must manually set via control pannel to change wallpaper.

How to set default wallpaper after startup explorer in winpe

4. quywz

quywz MDL Junior Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Actually,the winbuilder also use pecmd.ini. In shown picture,The third row below the "2" sign is "edit pecmd.ini"

5. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Ok. Were you successful in changing the wallpaper?

6. quywz

quywz MDL Junior Member

Jun 30, 2017
    It is obvious that It is no.
    The most operations are set pecmd.ini by google search.

7. EXO56

EXO56 MDL Junior Member

Mar 22, 2013