WinTK - The Windows multi-tool

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Muerto, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    TheDev is great! :D
    The app is monster!

Regards

2. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    @Paiva

Thanks dude :) feedback is appreciated.

--------------------------------------

Update: Me and PAYMYRENT are working on the error reporter and I must say it's coming along well. Release should be expected within a few days.

Regards, The Dev.

3. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
  4. Miroglu

Miroglu MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    Thanks for the share

5. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    I've just thoroughly tested WinTK on Vista and quite frankly I'm not happy with its performance.

An update is on the way.

6. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Hello MDL,

Unfortunately the time has come to say there will be no more major updates or additions to WinTK. Only minor changes and bug fixes, so I will continue to support this application until a later date.

I am currently working with a few other developers/software testers on a different project that I hope you will enjoy once released. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Regards, The Dev.

7. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #268 Muerto, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
    (OP)
    Announcement:

I'm currently experiencing some server issues so WinTK will respond with an error message when trying to update or view application status. I apologize for the inconvenience.

As I will be changing servers, it's recommended to download WinTK from Softpedia for now. Expect an update in the coming week which also includes bug fixes for Vista users.

Regards, The Dev.

EDIT: Server issues fixed.

8. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #270 Muerto, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    (OP)
    Okay while testing I've spotted some small bugs relating to WEI, these will be fixed as well as unlocking a hidden feature that's been coded in but not unlocked (WinTK mini mode) which will act as a desktop gadget.

Bugs to be fixed:

When certain hardware operations are rated with zero as the second digit, e.g. 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc; it will show as a single digit due to incorrect string formatting. - Fixed

Changes to be made:

New OEM images will be loaded into a memory stream rather than selected directly from resources, in some cases users are experiencing sizing issues - Scrapped, using different method, see final changelog.
    Add mini-mode
    When certain OS functions are disabled the appropriate links will be disabled in the "Tools" section
    Update signature verification module

Regards, The Dev.

9. ItielMaN

ItielMaN MDL Senior Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Damn, it has been a while since I've been here.

1. Guess what? The app just crashed. No idea why and I can't reproduce it either. The log doesn't say much. I do know it's related to About and Update button.
    2. In Home tab, if you Quick Key and Quick Copy Product Name and right after that you quick copy Product Key, the last "Copied!" still remains (until it fades away). If another quick copy is pressed when the last "Copied!" text appears at the same times, stop the script that shows the "Copied!". Hope you got what I've just said :S
    3. In Experience Index, the "Last rating" shows this date, even so the real last rating was in 20.11.11. That happened after I clicked refresh all scores.
    4. The OS tab is.. boring. Can you add some color into it? Don't have an idea how though.
    5. mini-mode? Can you give some pics? :D

10. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Hey dude,

I'll look into the random crashing and experience index issue. Everything else I don't really think matter.

And the mini-mode is a secret :D

11. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
  12. user_hidden

user_hidden MDL Expert

Dec 18, 2007

:party_time:

13. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Have started already ;)

14. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #276 Muerto, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    (OP)
    A quick note:

PAYMYRENT has noticed some application issues, anyone using WinTK 3.1.1 - 3.1.3 please right click the application and 'Run as Administrator'

These issues will all be fixed in the next update.

Regards, The Dev.

15. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    I think I might have fixed it but im running low on hdd space ( would be better on a vm ) so i would like a tester in a clean environment if any of you are up to it.

16. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    I have plenty of space. What is it that you need done?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    Well the issue is with the startup code - self elevation and log writing. if you could just try and running it with UAC on and not right clicking it.

I will PM you a link to it and just tell me how to goes. i just have to build it but im uninstalling half the crap that i dont need anymore. :p

It will be a minute - BTW thanks

18. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #280 Humphrey, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    Take your time. I need to install Win 7 on a VM anyways.

As far as the Run as Admin thing goes. I use WinTk 3.1.3 and it request admin for me. I have UAC at default level.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...