WinTK - The Windows multi-tool

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Muerto, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    the semester is almost out of my. I have a week left of school and i will be working on updating all the applications the need it. and create some standalone tools using pre-existing code.

2. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    With my new job as a Hardware Engineer and working towards opening my own company next year, I'm finding very little time to develop this application further right now.

There isn't much left to do in WinTK, but I'm a little lost in what was happening with the updates and me and PMR were working on it and I'm not sure what he's done. We'll be having a sit down as soon as I can to catch up on projects, plans, new applications, etc.

Now I've purchased a new MacBook Pro I can continue projects at work. I'm also on the brink of finishing a new application that I've been creating at work in my spare time.

Like I say, the update will be here eventually :)

3. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    :rofl6:

Not sure I could trust anything of mine to a engineer that bought one of those.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    I disagree, this is the most well built machine I've ever owned. Plus the speed of it is disgusting, I'm smashing out CoaCoa left, right and center.

When are you on Skype next?

5. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Okay, my server should be all f*cked up right now as I'm updating and moving stuff about. WinTK should follow later this evening or tomorrow.

6. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    Any issues? If so please report them and I will take a look!

7. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #368 Muerto, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    (OP)
    I'm already working on a few minor hiccups I've noticed at work, only small fixes but does pose for an update which will be soon.

For everyone else, I've started to actively get our new application ready for release. The core code and UI are perfect, no issues at all, but there is still a large amount of code that needs to be written and I won't be rushing to release. Reason being, I want to release a stable and easily manageable application as it will most likely require updating frequently due to it's nature. Plus I have to develop it for Windows and OS X; which means while writing the Windows version I'm also learning CoaCoa and C++.

Finally, WinTK for XP... this is proving to be a time consumer, it's coming along well but compared to the core of WinTK this is a complete rewrite of all code, especially now I have PMR on the team and my development skills have come far.

End.

8. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #369 Muerto, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
    (OP)
    I have planned some more features for WinTK, these will be worked on in the coming months:-

- Function to change the Windows Product Key
    - Function to monitor and easily update commonly exploited applications like Java and Adobe Acrobat.
    - Plans to amend the Service Plus code and add more options
    - More additions to the 'Tools' section like cleaning temporary files, clear browser history, etc.

I'll also be performing background maintenance on the WinTK core code to improve stability, speed and error handling.

Regards, The Dev.

EDIT: Soon ;)

9. ItielMaN

ItielMaN MDL Senior Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Just how soon is your soon? :)

10. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Hope the next version works ... All I get is error, reload - error reload. error reload - control alt del to kill it.
    Windows x64 Enterprise - Genuine since I get no errors to post or to show... it simply fails to load properly.

11. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    That's a surprise :D Let's say it's ready.

@Snuffy.

What version are you using? Do you have all necessary runtimes installed? Also, go to 'My Documents' and delete the WinTK folder, see if it helps.

Did you see this?
    If there are no errors, you can check Event Viewer and see if anything shows at the date/time of execution.

Sorry you're having these issues.

Regards, The Dev.

12. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    @Snuffy

Your performance counters are corrupt, this is why the application isn't working for you.

If WinTK can't fix it, you'll need to run lodctr -r as administrator and restart Windows.

If that doesn't work, run services.msc and start "Performance Counter DLL host".

Regards, The Dev.

13. Amerco

Amerco MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2013
    Great tool, Very usefull

14. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Thank you for your feedback. Updates and new software coming soon :)

15. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Hi all,

Let me start by saying thank you all for your support. Without it, WinTK wouldn't be what it is. But sadly for now, I'm dropping all support as I have a baby on the way; this incurs my time being spent on my family and new career opportunities.

My website will be going offline but it WILL be back, this I promise but I have no time frame. WinTK will be archived until I return but I do continue active development with none other than PAYMYRENT :)

I'm sorry guys but life calls and I need to be there for my girlfriend, I wish you all the best.

Can mods please lock this topic.

16. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #378 Muerto, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    (OP)
    In regards to my last post. Change of plans completely.

First of all, thedevsoftware is back online, will be fully operational soon after updates and website changes have been applied. All background downloads and services are alive though.

Second, an update to WinTK will be available within a few days. This includes UI changes, bug fixes and numerous changes.

Thirdly, my new software is still on the way. Unfortunately it needs a but of a recode due to URL translation issues but I'm working on it.

I'll keep you posted, peace.

17. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #379 Muerto, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    (OP)
    comingsoon.jpg

Image above updated.

Supposed version 3.3.2 changelog (may change before release)

1. UI changes across entire application
    2. Main tab order of application has changed
    3. Added feature: Networking Tab
    4. Fix for broken Volume Licensing dialog when product key is erased from the system
    5. Fixed error reporter crash when sending an error
    6. Edited how threads are executed to improve application speed and responsiveness
    7. Removed system uptime from Mini Mode
    8. Many bug fixes and tweaks to core code

18. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #380 Muerto, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    (OP)