WinUSB Maker - The Windows Setup to USB Solution

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Josh Cell, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    It isn't really a problem. Can be incompatibilities of your computer with the NTFS format. You can try with FAT32 using the same application.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ahmedghazi

ahmedghazi MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2012
    Sorry your software works fine.the boot fail to start because my motherboard doesn't support booting from USB flash disk.

3. The Devils Killer

The Devils Killer MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    Thank you very much.

4. TONPumper

TONPumper MDL Member

Jan 2, 2011
    I'm using the older, stable version of the program and when it finishes making the USB, the program will say that it has completed the job successfully, then freezes and will not respond. Will the flash drive function properly even though the program froze or should I recreate the USB?

5. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Thanks for this great util Josh Cell.

Just been trying the WinUSB Maker v2.0 BETA 2

Some feedback:-

Made a bootable win7 usb with the "setup to USB" - All worked ok
    Carried out "Full USB Backup" - Green status bar showing progress not working or showing - Otherwise task completed and stated by utility.
    Carried out "Full USB Restore" - Green status bar showing progress not working or showing - Otherwise task completed and stated by utility. Restore data good.

The "Full USB Restore" - Does state within the readme that the restore can only be done on the same device as originally used for backup.
    I carried out a backup of a 16gb usb flash drive with windows 7. Managed to restore this to a different 32gb flash drive.
    The 32gb flash drive then showed as 16GB. The 32gb drive now shown as 16gb has good restore data.
    You have to re-format to get it back to 32GB.

Hope feedback useful.

Many thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    It is a minor problem and you don't need of do it again.

The drive backup only will work properly on the same drive of the backup (as you see on the backup window)...

7. fierak

fierak MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2013
    Thanks. I used it to make a AIO WINDOWS 8 bootable disk and it worked great.

8. by_pbh

by_pbh MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2013
    Thank you josh

9. privatehun

privatehun MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    @Josh cell
    can you make this tools transfer files faster?....took me more than 1 hour to made bootable win8 x64...the longest stage is copy intall.wim

10. uffbros

uffbros MDL Senior Member

Aug 9, 2010
    I just made a Win 8 X32/64 AIO. I tried it out on my computer that did not have Win 8 on it originally thus the serial is not in my Bios like the new machines. When I boot up it asks for the serial. I supply my legal Win 8 64 Bit Pro key and then it continues and presents me with either 32 or 64 bit Win 8 Pro. Shouldn't I get all 4 versions presented to me meaning Core and Pro? Say I would have entered a Core serial would I just be presented with 32 bit options of both? I looked for and didn't find an ei.cfg file like Win 7. Thanks for any input. I do a lot of clean installs and will encounter all 4 flavors I'm sure. Thanks.

11. uffbros

uffbros MDL Senior Member

Aug 9, 2010
    I can confirm that it works for both. The serial you enter decides what version it offers you in both 32 and 64 bit. I got a serial from my friends new win 8 machine and did the experiment. Just posting back the results. Thanks.

12. RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Sounds like it could be an alternative to the Microsoft USB tool.

Because the Microsoft tool appears to be incompatible with XP 64-bit, because it appears to demand the image mastering tool for XP 32-bit! :mad:

Frustrating when I wanted to put the Windows 7 SP1 image on a USB stick before wiping XP 64-bit...

13. _infin1ty_

_infin1ty_ MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2013
    HI. Can someone please help me with the xp install? Im stuck in the DOS screen and dont know what to do.. :(

14. _infin1ty_

_infin1ty_ MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2013
    Anyone? Is there any guide for completing the xp installation ?

15. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    installation on your usb stick? don't get what you mean? Why would you be in dos?

16. _infin1ty_

_infin1ty_ MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2013
    #396 _infin1ty_, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    stuck here:

Code:
    echo ######################################################################
    echo.
    echo                    WinUSB Maker WinNT USB Installer Tool
    echo.
    echo      Please install the Windows NT Bootable Copy on this USB Device
    echo           Just press enter here and enter on the next utility
    echo          The bootable copy will be installed on your USB Drive
    echo    C:\ syntax isn't your real C:\ drive - Is the virtual USB Device
    echo  Wait for the bootable copy install and your USB Drive is read to use
    echo                           with OS installations
    echo.
    echo Josh Cell Softwares                            Created by WinUSB Maker
    and dont know what to do next

17. _infin1ty_

_infin1ty_ MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2013
    Anyone who done that before?

18. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    what are you trying to do? install xp on your computer or a usb flashdrive? can you explain what youare trying to do?

19. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    yea, but he don't explain what he's trying to do, installing an image from dvd? , iso image? image might be corrupt? we only guessing?