Wireless Computer Networking Problem

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by sindhara, Feb 19, 2010.

1. sindhara

sindhara MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2010
    We have connected a Belkin Pre-N router to our desktop computer and successfully connected our laptop with a Belkin Pre-N wireless card. We are successfully sharing one Internet connection. The problem is that we can't get the files to be shared from the Shared Documents folder nor can we share the printer (which is connected to the desktop computer). The two computers are set up in the same workgroup. We have selected the share option for the printers and file. And we have run the Setup Network wizard. But still, the files and printer are not able to be shared. My Network Places does not show two computers. We cannot successfully Ping the laptop from the Desktop Computer. Help.

2. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Also, doublecheck you router's wireless settings.
    Make sure preshared key, authentication, mac filtering, etc... are set correct.

3. shankarhokie

shankarhokie MDL Junior Member

Feb 18, 2010
    The key is that even with sharing, files can be exchanged only via the public folders, right? One cannot access the My Documents folder on a Desktop from the laptop... correct?

4. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Not unless you specificly share it through rightclick>properties

5. michaledouglas

michaledouglas MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2010
    Last Sunday i have installing wireless Internet but sometime i can not access any browsersand i can not able to find out fault what is going on?because in network wixard all are well and good and signal is appear unto 2mbps.tell me suggestions?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...