Wireless driver Porblem !

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Super001, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Super001

Super001 MDL Member

Oct 18, 2009
  2. Super001

Super001 MDL Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Thanks everyone for the reply

well i have formatted my pc ,mainly to solve this problem , as i remember it started when i updated the BIOS and the drivers from HP updates

but it didn't help

and i already downloaded the latest version of ralink ,but it didnt help !

well i'll try this ,but don't think it will help as the main problem as in 3rd pic in the topic ,it saves the network with wrong properties and don't connect

3. Michelle68

Michelle68 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    How have you configured your wireless router and wireless card in the notebook?

If the wired lan connection is working type in your browser the routers address and find the wireless settings.

First you may want to hold in the reset button on the router for about 20 seconds to return it to factory settings and all passwords removed.

If your using windows 7 the best speed can be had by setting the security to WPA2 -AES.

After you get wireless setup and working download and install inSSIDer.In this program you can see your SSID and those around you.

Find a channel on the band you are using(2.4ghz or 5ghz if you have duel band)that is not being used and farthest from the other channels in use.Not set your router to the best open channel.

The quality of your wireless card,router and your distance from the router will determine your wireless connection quality.Your ISP service also plays big in connecton quality.

Download speed relys greatly on the site you're connecting to.

4. Super001

Super001 MDL Member

Oct 18, 2009
  5. Super001

Super001 MDL Member

Oct 18, 2009
    thanks for the reply

but my problem is with all kinds of wireless not mine , like if i use it at my friend's it happens

but will try =]

6. Michelle68

Michelle68 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Like many wireless cards that are the stock cards shipped in notebooks,the ralink RT3090 has only 1 antenna and is a 150mb/s card.A 2 antenna or 3 antenna 300 or 450 mb/s wireless card is much better.

This means that to get connected and stay connected you need to be close to the wireless router.

If you can,have your card upgraded to an Intel Advanced N 6230 2x2 with Bluetooth.If you do the upgrade a second antenna needs to be added and placed inside the LCD frame and connected to the Intel card that replaces the ralink in the base part of the laptop.The 2 antennas will give you greater connectivity and far fewer disconnects.

When you're away from your home network maybe your firewall needs to allow connecting to another network.

If the networks are protected,you'll need to add the key for each before you can connect to them.

7. RedSpider

RedSpider MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Ihave a HP Pavilion dv9000 and had the same problem. The resolution to myissue was to switch the wireless mode on at the front left side of my computer. I did not know the switch was there so I went through a bunch ofgyrations. Not saying that is your problem but thought I would mention it. While reading the thread I noticed something about your post that I doquestion. Does Windows 7 handle your wireless connection or does HPwireless assistant? You must use one or the other not both at the sametime. While I was resolving my wireless problem I went with the HPwireless assistant and I haven't had any regrets. Good Luck.

:cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    I think RedSpider is correct in his post. A lot of laptops have external switches that can disable the WLAN card. You can clearly see in the original posters post rhat his WLAN card is shown as disabled. Best to check the laptop manual to ensure the WLAN card is enabled

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Super001

Super001 MDL Member

Oct 18, 2009
    thanks for your reply ,i thought that too ,but even on the assistance it's enabled ,but still when i install the driver ,the wireless stop founding networks :(

still looking for solution really .

10. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    My HP laptop has a seperate switch for WLAN which is seperate from the wireless assistance. You need to look at the laptop manual. On one of my laptops its the FN+F10 key on the keyboard which either enables or disables the wlan hardware. On the other HP laptop there is a physical switch with a wlan icon for this procedure.

You WLAN does seem disabled although the Wireless assistance is enabled. Look at you laptop manual. Also ensure that this has not been disabled in your bios. Are you also sure that your drivers are correct and from the laptop manufactures website for your model of laptop.
    What model number is your laptop?

11. thatguychuck

thatguychuck MDL Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Are you by chance using a wired connection and wireless at the same time? My HP Probook had an option in the BIOS called "LAN/WLAN Switching." I had to google it myself to find out exactly what it was.

From an HP forum: "It only allows one or the other of wireless or wired LAN to work at the same time. It is for power saving and in my opinion is best left off unless you exclusively use wireless or wired and want to squeeze out the last second of battery life."

A shot in the dark here, but thought I'd mention it.

I recently just gave up on my girlfriends HP G62x laptop and ordered an intel card from newegg, it was around 23$. A previous review said it worked on my model without a whitelist mod, but I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Her old card would connect, but with extremely slow or non existent connection speeds. After trying a few things, I figured the card had failed and Windows just couldn't tell. My network must have a steering wheel in my pants, because it's driving me nuts!!!