Wireless & Win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Maestromd, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Maestromd

Maestromd MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    I installed Win 7 and everything seems to be fine except I am using a Zonet ZEW 1602 Wireless Pci card and Win 7 doesn't seem to want to accept the driver. Should I look to something within windows or should I probably go find a ethernet card supported by win 7?

I tried all the drivers off the manufacturer site.

2. Maestromd

Maestromd MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    #3 Maestromd, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
    (OP)
    Thats a bummer, I tried all the vista drivers I could find.

That was over a year ago, hmmm.

3. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Signmeup

Signmeup MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2009
    My Zonet Wireless USB worked fine with Windows 7 drivers. Try letting Windows 7 find & connect to your wireless signal. Maybe reinstall the Zonet driver, right click on the icon, & let 7 check for compatibality. Running in an earlier mode than 7 should work.

5. Maestromd

Maestromd MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    #6 Maestromd, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
    (OP)
    Ok, so it seems the drivers are working but win 7 "needs" a digitally signed driver? (again sorry for my noobness at all this)

So do I need to work around that somehow, I remember on vista and xp when this happens you just install anyways and it works, win 7 doesnt seem to want to let it work.

Update: (Both the Zonet drivers and the mavrell driver you sent me seem to install) but...
    I disabled signatures through F8. The driver installs but then states "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The device manager doesn't specify any ID when I look at the properties --> details on the wireless adapter. That might be the initial problem?

6. Maestromd

Maestromd MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    I see where I can look at the hardware ids, compatible ids, and container ids. Is that what I am looking for?