WMIC - any experts on this little life-changing functionality that may yet noose me?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by goscuter1, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Yeah, seems like some kind of a troll or sth.

Don't worry & don't even care about him any more. It's not worth it. Seriously!

2. PharmaPhunk

PharmaPhunk MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2011
    Get Linux. Seriously. You will really enjoy it.

3. Opus

Opus MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Yeah I'll second him. Come on buddy Linux is your brand. Screw this Windows thingy with .NET Framework and let us all rot with .NET Framework 1-4. Let me help you with Linux, get Ubuntu, Linux Mint or OpenSUSE. But please let this poor .NET Framework be alone for developers and the ppl who need it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Opus

Opus MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BobSheep

BobSheep MDL Guru

Apr 19, 2010
  6. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
  7. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011

goscuter1,

the more i read, the more i am certain you are paranoid for nothing and have done nothing but mess up your machine on your own without good reason to. and the reason no one wants to help you from dell or anywhere else is because they understand that you don't have any clue what you are doing and they also know that the only thing wrong with your machine is the operator...

just format the thing and fresh install windows 7. then leave all the stuff alone, update it from windows update, and if you feel so inclined download driver updates from dell and be done...

geesh...

8. Trinket

Trinket MDL Senior Member

Feb 20, 2010
    #30 Trinket, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
    There is nowhere to begin with someone like you... And I hope that no one will invest any more time in your craze. Here we have Daz who can code all our pants off, to be told he shares a "stupidity level that is unacceptable on any forum on the planet". LOL Goscuter, please go away with you paranoia. Just keep your hands off OS files and just live. Just live. Let the logs say what they will. What do you think will happen? Your computer explode? A digital voice calling you on your phone and talking only to you inside your head? What is it? None of the stuff you say makes any sense at all. Desktop.ini files... after bhhlpt's explanation, you say he talks nonsense... but just because your TrendMicro look up shows a desktop.ini files ASSOCIATED with a virus, it IN ITSELF has nothing to do with it!!! Nor does it have the power you imagine. It is the .exe and the code inside the other file that will activate things. So again clearly proves you know nothing about these things.

I hope one day you can look back on this and say to yourself, "What the F was I thinking in those days???" I really hope that for you. Because this is not normal man, what you are exhibiting here. And to go down into the rabbit hole with you, NO ONE will do so. Because it leads nowhere, and in the least to the 'proof' you think you will find. So we all feel for you, and sorry you are having this experience. But we cannot help you. Sorry. When you get this far out in mental tangents, no one but yourself can help you. You better listen to these people, if you go on like this you will hurt yourself in a bad way. Time to wake up man, NOTHING IS WRONG WITH YOUR COMPUTER. It's in your head.

I have computed for years and years without a virus, and I have never had any problems like you describe. But one thing: I will BET that if you came to my house and started using my computer, sooner or later or you will come up with the same crazy stuff. It's not my computer, it is YOU. So what if MS is silently installing hotfixes to your PC (I don't believe they are, I believe you don't know enough to know what YOU have done)? So what in the end? What of it? How could you let something like that destroy your life? You see, it doesn't make any sense. The ONE thing does not deserve the OTHER. A bad soccer match should not end with a destroyed life. Cutting your finger on a rose bush shouldn't result in you wanting to cut your arm off. It doesn't make any sense.

Do this for me: take your fears/worries/anger to its logical conclusions. Imagine the WORST thing those things will do. Then imagine that reality. So what? What can it do to you? Why are you so focused on this crazy stuff? If you're trying to find the absolute truth, then computer is not where you should be looking... it is probably about the last place you should be looking. It's almost like you've seen the Matrix a couple of times too many...

9. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I bet this guy has a copy of "catcher in the rye" , I have rarely seen such conspiracy theory s**t , there are countless processes that run in windows systems that look darn suspicious at times ,but they are nessessary , and many suspicious looking files often sit dormant within windows ,waiting for a specific wakeup call ,(hardware change etc.) but that does not equate to a hack .
    this constant drivel about not existant hacking and/or malicious files ,is all down to a certain amount of paranoia.
    just reinstall /have a nice cuppa and get out a bit more .

10. thatguychuck

thatguychuck MDL Member

Feb 6, 2011

Oh....I see. Don't be so quick to judge and belittle people YOU decide are ignorant. Good luck sir, and good day.

11. Opus

Opus MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Man just get over with what happened since January. Format the hard disk completely. If you don't like Ubuntu, MS or stuff like that, you can always create your own flavor of Linux starting with compilation of linux kernel and blending in your favorite software. Even then if you are not satisfied go to FreeBSD. I have used it for years and never had a complaint or OpenBSD without any security hole. Take a break, don't touch your computer and live normally for a while. It will help you forget about what happened. Rather than paying your money to technical staff donate to someone deserving that will help to calm up your mind rather than grinding. Computers were invented to help you in your daily task so perform your daily task. I can only pray for you to get some peace of mind.

12. Opus

Opus MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    And believe me no one is insulting or being rude to you, it's you who is feeling like being insulted. All the people here spent a heck of time reading your so called "evidence". I am really wondering now that how much time do you have to type so much stuff which doesn't even make sense of hacking and cracking into your valuable system. I have more than 10 years of experience of system/network administration but I haven't met a single person like you are. You are merely making your life hard.

13. fafhrd

fafhrd MDL Junior Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Occasionally a wormhole between this and a parallel universe opens for an instant and we get a visitor dropping through, shaken and upset by the apparent strangeness of our world. The visitor still believes they are on their homeworld, and understandably feels that everyone and everything is out of sync with their reality. To the casual observer, this is identical to pathological paranoia and psychosis, but of course, the visitor has a self-image of sanity and it is all of us who are out of step with this sad, lonely individual. Little do they know it, but they will never return home. The OP seems to be one such casualty of this type of spatio-temporal accident.

Dell, Microsoft, Canonical, Big Oil etc., all out to get the OP eh? I'm not surprised, it's always the big players that gang up on these hapless visitors out there. Sadly, the confused and ranting visitors (but always protesting total sanity) get onto internet forums occasionally too, instead of just shouting in the street.

Psychiatrists always fail with these cases - since the overall conviction of sanity is so strong.

So Here's a tip - Aluminium foil helmets should help the OP, but are unstable and ineffective unless firmly enclosed within a sturdy polyethylene bag (without any perforations to let in stray etheric interference), or two, and securely fastened around the neck with several rounds of duct tape and covering the entire head, helmet and face. Leave in place until there are no more attacks from the multinational giant organizations.

I hope the OP will get a friend to help, and to post back the results.

And to clear up any misunderstanding, before it occurs, I am not addressing any of this to the OP.

14. Opus

Opus MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Classy remarks!!!

15. Visor1

Visor1 MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2010
    FWIW, if I truly believed I was being hacked and MS was part of it, I would remove my HD and boot from a live CD. A non writable CD can't be taken controll of. Use a flash drive for storage. If you think it's been compromised chuck it.

16. goscuter1

goscuter1 MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2011
    #38 goscuter1, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  17. Opus

Opus MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    #39 Opus, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  18. goscuter1

goscuter1 MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2011

Attached Files: