Won't activate with v2.1 SLIC?? Advice?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Tank878, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Mustang Sally

Mustang Sally MDL Junior Member

May 9, 2007
    I used aflash2. for commands you can try asflash2 /?

When I was flashing my notebook, I didn't think it has worked. the progress bar on Aflash2 started out green when it started to erase and progressed for a quarter of the way then turned red and sped to the end. message box pops up and said successful flash. rebooted and checked everest and worked. so it's been all good

good luck

2. letter_to_mike

letter_to_mike MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2010
    do you have a full backup of the orig asus g50v bios? Mine is corrupt and need orig.

if so could you e-mail to me? letter_to_mike@hotmail.com

Thanks

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    gives eror about "wim" i would say you have corrupt dvd disk just try installing windows 7 form another dvd don't matter for the moment if it activates just to check if it installs without errors.

5. letter_to_mike

letter_to_mike MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2010
    I have slic 2.0 windows vista installs ok from someone elses retail dvd.
    What happened is that I updated the bios with aflash2.exe /all and it wiped the portion of the bios tat allows usage of the original restore dvd's "worked 5 min before the update now gives error" I was told it's not the slip but the oem dmi to tell the asus oem restore dvd which version of vista to install.

I think all I need is a aflash2 /all and otpion 1 for backup of unmodified asus g50v bios.
    mine was lost.
    Thanks.