Working Deduplication files for Microsoft Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dreamss, Oct 4, 2014.

1. bfoos

bfoos MDL Guide Dog

Jun 15, 2008
    It's working fine for me on 19042.450.

2. Mugwump00

Mugwump00 MDL Novice

May 17, 2018
    Hello all - long-time lurker who has gratefully benefitted from the tips on this thread - have also problems since 2004. Most annoyingly, on a volume where Dedup appears to be fully working without any 'filter driver' errors, Hyper-V VMs are 'lost' after deduplication and then the following reboot.

Has anyone been able to combine 2004, Hyper-V and Deduplication sucessfuly, or is it a lost cause for now?

These DD packages have been so damn useful I've become accustomed to their reliability - the first discovery of this issue wiped-out my un-backed up VM library.

3. Rainmaker52

Rainmaker52 MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2018
    My volume is also for Hyper-V, on Windows 2020, using deduplication (and, actually, Bitlocker as well). As I posted, I managed to get it to work for 1-2 days after completely reformatting my drive and copying the data. But after that, it broke again.

@bfoos,as you're the one that seems to be running dedup without problems; could this be a cause? Do you have the Hyper-V role enabled on your desktop? Do people who are experiencing problems all have Hyper-V enabled? I don't mean specifically whether or not you're hosting Hyper-V related files on the dedupped volume, just whether or not it's enabled at all.

4. bfoos

bfoos MDL Guide Dog

Jun 15, 2008
    Yes, I do have have Hyper-V enabled.

5. FrankJuancho

FrankJuancho MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2020
    Hi, just installed build 19041.508, it works! Thank you @bfoos, i just found this on google.

6. radejet

radejet MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2011

Can you post that build here ?