Wow! It Worked!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by bobwoz, Nov 14, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bobwoz

bobwoz MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    I'm so happy! It really worked!

Modded my Gigabyte P35-DS3R BIOS with a brand new Gigabyte SLIC 2.1 table using Busykid508's tutorial! :) Windows 7 Pro happily activated without a hitch! :D yaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!! :)

Many, many thanks to everyone who's contributed so generously with their time and talents to this board!! Great job, guys!!!! :)

One quick (I hope not too stupid) question: If I were to flash the BIOS to a newer version without the SLIC table, would Windows stay activated? In other words, is the successful activation a one-time thing? Or does the OS check the BIOS on every boot to remain activated? :confused:

Thanks so much!! You guys are awesome!!!!

:p

2. Everilda

Everilda MDL Senior Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #2 Everilda, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
    Not a stupid question.
    The answer is no, it will not stay active without the Slic in the bios.
    The slic is loaded into memory every time the computer is booted and the activation is checked.

So if you want to upgrade the bios in the future it will have to be modified again to incorporate the Slic table.

Keep a note of how you modified the bios and a copy of Andy's Award tool and the settings used.
    Also keep a copy af the certificate used and make a note of the key.

3. bobwoz

bobwoz MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Got it!

Thank you very much, Everilda!

:)

4. shutupsitdn

shutupsitdn MDL Novice

Nov 7, 2009
    Heh, it is a pretty nice feeling, even though it's the other people that didn't the real work in building the tools. Congratulations.