Wow O wow 2 Windows 7 on same system

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Smed1065, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Smed1065

Smed1065 MDL Novice

Jun 27, 2009
    #1 Smed1065, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2009
    Yes, I was foolish enough to try it. I only did because for some reason a Vista install showed up after 12 months on a drive I wiped and used as a "spare". No, I was not high. :rolleyes:

I admit I used it for a "folder" after installing Windows 7. When I saw the boot lo*der show up I was like ***? Dismissed it as a "quirk".

3 days later it could not be erased, harassed, deleted or anything. I had set my default folders and had a nice set up that I was proud of. :D

I could not live with this bad set up. I tried to remove, delete, harass and cuss it away as well as use all the tools the interweb offered. No luck! :eek:

I tried the repair disk I had made, no luck. I tried safe mode, no luck. I tried cussing!!! Nothing worked. I even tried boot pro and BCD. :mad:

I tried to install XP and Vista over it. Guess not?? Bastards! Wondow always said it could not format, so I tried Paragon and OO. I got a big OO-Noo

OK, I did another install of 7 and guess what? It gave me the boot lo*der only for the latest 1. Grr! Surprise.

Cussing and sweating I did everything. Google sucked too. OK Fresh install again- hdvlfktdjdsr;kbf!

I did find out after several restarts (my last before reinstall after a full wipe of disk-It was partioned) It did list 2 W-7's in boot. Original came up as "recovered" after I tried XP and Vista from a flash drive for the last attempt.

Next boot listed both W-7's and I picked the recovered one. Nice! Maybe I was high and did not know it from second hand smoke.

I have used Vista Boot 3.3 (free on web) to erase the new one and have rebooted 3 times with no problems.

Hope no one has this problem but just in case, here is the start to recovery.