WPF Groupbox problem...

Discussion in 'Mixed Languages' started by QuantumBug, Apr 13, 2012.

1. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    Hi guys,

So DigitalPID Decryptor is going to version 2 and being transformed to WPF from a standard VB.NET application.

The problem I'm having is when I place a Groupbox onto my TabContol it shows up on every tab not just one, I'm probably doing something silly as I'm new to WPF but I did a lot of learning before hand and had no problems. But the thing is I have two Groupboxes and only one has the wierd problem of showing on every tab.

Thanks in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Ive tried replicating your problem with multiple groupbox's in a tabcontrol with 3 tabs. I have no errors occur tho..:eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    Shall I upload some #images??

4. stevemk14ebr

stevemk14ebr MDL Senior Member

Jun 23, 2010
    although i have used wpf before and havn't encountered ur problem im curious as to why u switched ur project over to wpf from what i can gather all wpf does is speedup graphics drawing, what am i missing

5. Alphawaves

Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #5 Alphawaves, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
    Yes please :)

Eye candy in my experience..

Source: http://mdavey.wordpress.com/2007/09/05/wpf-vs-windows-forms/

6. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    Simply because I 'can'.

This was not what I was asking anyway, I was asking for help not why I'm switching dev tools/ design interface. Everything is evolving and I'm evolving with it.

I'll upload some pictures later today Alphawaves, I decided to check MDL at 4:48am, I hope my drunk spelling is a win.

7. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    Hey I've fixed the problem, it seems when you put the Groupbox too close to the edge of the form this problem occurs.

Thanks.

8. stevemk14ebr

stevemk14ebr MDL Senior Member

Jun 23, 2010
    hmm weird bug, but glad u fixed it

9. Alphawaves

Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Cool, glad you sorted it, i did have a feeling you may have done that.. ;)