WZOR Talks About Windows (Codename) 9, Is a DP Imminent?(Added:WP8.1DP download)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by FaiKee, Feb 14, 2014.

1. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
  2. NaiveUser

NaiveUser MDL Senior Member

Apr 14, 2011
    #222 NaiveUser, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
    I must say, those "update info" on FaiKee's screenshot looking fake to me, for various reasons. so.... we'll see.

but you know, I am naive, as usual ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    Nah, @NaiveUser, everyone has his own choices, I would also doubt if these were fake if I don't have my channels to verify.

btw, any luck to find something over 9740(not just a stupid build no.)? :D

4. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I think she might just be projecting her own feelings rather than doing actual journalism and digging to determine the truth.
    For her line of work in Windows Journalism, it seems a bit premature.

There was a recent windows blog post about how freemium apps were on the rise and that it was a solid business model.
    Couple that with a few of their free licensing giveaways to tablet manufacturers and the new bing sku and you gotta think, "Yah they're probably going to make a free sku for average users"

When I say free, I mean pay for what you want, but the os is basically free.

5. NaiveUser

Apr 14, 2011
    9740 ? no o_O

patiently waiting for some one to leak Threshold :) when will that be ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
  7. BAV0

BAV0 MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2011
    #227 BAV0, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  8. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
  9. BAV0

BAV0 MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2011
  10. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    Nah, it's ending noowhere, just trust what you believe is real, not my problem. :p

11. BAV0

BAV0 MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2011
    Yeah, lets agree to disagree for now! We'll see what happens...

12. NaiveUser

Apr 14, 2011
    agreed. that slide is just a very simple and general description of basic concepts about cloud computing, PaaS/IaaS etc, nothing interesting, and nothing about Windows, even nothing can be called a 'project', WTH???

13. NaiveUser

Apr 14, 2011
    FaiKee, dont trust your 'friend' too much, just saying. o_O

14. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    @NaiveUser, tks for your advice, but I'll pass for it. There is hundreds of thousands MS employees worldwide, everyone of them could view current and future dev status in corpnet, before win8RTM, handful of guys(canouna, WZor, VivaHo, etc... ) could also view corpnet, but MS slammed the door after win8RTM and keep strict measures to avoid info leaking ...... so, count with your fingers, how many "leaked infos" you got after win8RTM despite the large number of MS guys that knows all the infos? Even if you count in OEM-leaked infos, the number is still very low.

So, don't expect I could work miracles, post infos with clear proofs, even canouna didn't do that, all I could do is try to post things from my trust list, like I said, take it, or leave it, not my problem. :D

15. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    Sorry murphy missed your 2nd part yesterday.

From what I heard, win9 will be a free upgrade thru WinStore, anyway, it's still more than a year for things to happen, so, take it as rumor.

My friend said MJF might not be too much against win365, but my list showed win9 preview expected next year Q2-Q3, she and Thurrott had been bragging about winThreshold will be named win9, and win9 will be finished and released next April, so, she just has to claim that my list is fake..... anyway, let's put it away, until showtime. :D

16. NaiveUser

Apr 14, 2011
    I dont need 'clear proofs', because there is nothing on that slide need any 'proof', because there is nothing on that slide, at all. if someone show you such a slide and tell you there is a secret project or big plan hidden on that slide, he is clearly making fun of you, and when you post such a slide in the public and claim its some mysterious leak of important thing, I bet he will laugh outloud and rolling on the floor, you can trust such a guy as you like, not my problem either. :biggrin:

17. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    #237 FaiKee, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    (OP)
    I read my post again, and I think I didn't mention anything about secret thing behind the slide, if it misled you, I am sorry, NaiveUser. :D

I have said this thing is over 2 years old, and while people as of to-day still use the argument point of "Windows is a platform, not a service", actually MS had been working on Platform-As-A-Service for a long time, and if Platform-As-A-Service could apply to Azure, it could apply to Windows too.

And as a matter of fact, MS had not made this one(Windows-As-A-Service) secret either, because they have (semi-)officially announced of a existing team in MS working on a existing project "offer Windows-As-A-Service". I have no interest in speculating how this project would work.

Edit: Oh yes, my friend didn't say it's a proof of Windows-As-A-Service, nor was there any secret behind it, he had read my post about the MS job-listing. This slide is just a PowerPoint demo that MS had shown to God-Knows-How-Many people, there just couldn't be any secret in it. :p

18. NaiveUser

Apr 14, 2011
    well, I'm not saying Microsoft is NOT working on Windows-as-a-Service, whatever that means, and I have no idea actually.

what I'm saying is, whatever microsoft is doing, or whether Windows-as-a-Service exists, or not, it has NOTHING TO DO with anything on your slide, at all, even though there are may phrases like 'as a Service' or 'Platform' whatever, they are completely different than Windows-as-a-Service or Windows 365 as you are talking about. no similarity or connection at all, its hilarious to make any speculation on Windows-as-a-Service based on info on that slide, it makes completely no sense at all.

Something-as-a-Service is a vague term, and means almost nothing before you tell what it means exactly, those xxx-as-a-Service concepts in the cloud services context, are completely different thant Windows-as-a-Services as in Windows 365, I think you are just playing those words, 'platform', 'service', etc, without understanding what they actually mean in various contextes, so " Platform-As-A-Service could apply to Azure, it could apply to Windows too." is just hilarious.

and, no need to inform me about that "Windows-as-a-Serive" job listing, if you look closer at the source of that news, it was, well, me, on twitter, actually.

19. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    #239 FaiKee, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    (OP)
    Now NaiveUser, I think it is you trying to say how Windows-As-A-Service would work, I had only posted the list showing windows 365, I believe I had not said a single word on how windows 365 or windows-as-a-service would work, I had just said if Platform-as-a-service could work for Azure, then it could work for Windows, but I believe I haven't said both would work in the same way, right? And as MS has announced of a team working on Windows-as-a-service, that means they have got it working. (btw, how did you figure out " it has NOTHING TO DO with anything on your slide"?? :p)

Oh, a really big thanks for tipping Neowin, without this solid proof your twitter friend MJF would still be bragging on "Windows is a platform, not a service" and "Windows-as-a-Service never existed". :worthy::D

20. Super User

Super User MDL Addicted

Jun 26, 2012