WZOR Talks About Windows (Codename) 9, Is a DP Imminent?(Added:WP8.1DP download)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by FaiKee, Feb 14, 2014.

1. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    #261 FaiKee, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    (OP)
    @NaiveUser, I understand that for people who had trusted MJF to think that what she said is false, and trying to put up argument points in her favor, it's really pointless to do so as of now, so why not just sit back and wait for real facts to come out eventually? It's won't be that long, right?

btw, I am not interested in 9740 PS build, actually I have put it aside after I installed it, nor am I interested in 9727, or any new build numbers that emerges with nothing more to show. :p

Edit: Oh btw, I think this comment is a really funny piece of guesswork(just my personal thought):

Update: Just spoke with my friend, he said the MS guy gave you a "logical hint" and you build your own "fact" or "explanation" out of guesswork ...... like I said, if you thought a MS guy would tell you everything in a open twitter, then, you are so cute. :D

2. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    Why need to change a win9 thread, when anyone could simply start another update2 thread? Anyway the OP of this thread was based on a WZor rumor, I might start another thread to leave this WZor baloney behind ..... so just let this thread sinks. :tea:

3. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    thread of Update 2 ?

4. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
  5. M0rriss0n

M0rriss0n MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Interesting, but "we're moving to a system of regular updates" has something to do with changing the 2nd Tuesday?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    I believe Mr. Prophet was refering to "Updates(GDRs) to Windows", not patch Tue WU's. :p

7. M0rriss0n

M0rriss0n MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Hmm, read the whole paper again and could not find what he was referring to;

"Second, to accelerating our innovation pace. You've spoken, we've listened. Gone are the days of a three-year release cycle. We've taken your feedback and we're moving to a system of regular updates, not just fixes but regular updates that bring new features that our customers truly value"

Microsoft can surprise once more on this issue, they have done that before!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. BAV0

BAV0 MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2011
    Correct, patch Tuesdays are the "fixes" Prophet was talking about, the "regular updates" will probably be much like the GDR updates for Windows Phone: every 6 months or so we will get an update like the 8.1 Spring Update.

9. NaiveUser

NaiveUser MDL Senior Member

Apr 14, 2011
    #269 NaiveUser, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  10. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    #270 FaiKee, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    (OP)
    If you mean Paul Thurrott, sorry he's not in my trust list and I don't care too much on what he brags. In win8 pre-release times canouna had joked on Thurrott/MJF in chatbox, so, not a chance for them to be in my trust list. :D

11. BAV0

BAV0 MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2011
    Canouna joked about everyone, the only one in his trust list was canouna himself (and maybe WZOR and Zukona)! I always thought you trusted MJF until she claimed Win365 was not a thing.
    About Thurrott, well, you're right about him, he just likes to brag with other people's discoveries and then claim them as his own:angry:

MJF did have an interesting suggestion (pure speculation, rumor whatever you want to call it;)): The start menu won't be in the 8.1 Fall Update because Microsoft is done investing in Windows 8's bad reputation. Everybody thinks Windows 8 is a bad OS, so they want to make people forget it as soon as possible and focus all their efforts on Windows 9. Windows 9 should be for 8 what Windows 7 was for Vista.

12. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I used to watch Windows Weekly, and I would report some things I heard in forums if that news was not already there - after I stopped watching Windows Weekly, I stopped looking so fookin stupid for posting completely backwards and incorrect news that I'd heard Thurrott saying was true, but was complete BS

He's an idiot and steals news he hears via Twitter and other forums, and writes it up on his blog as if he is the first to talk about it, and if it's already all over the net, he claims he mentioned it weeks earlier

13. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    No, @BAVO, canouna trusted win8china, vivaho and some others, Before win8RTM I actually didn't care too much about MJF because we had zukona for win7 and canouna for win8(and also other leakers), what made me remember most was her blog in 2011 claiming that (also, in her usual words) "from long and trusted sources" win8 will RTM in Apr 2012, canouna and us had a really big laugh in chatbox. :D

About your 2nd point about MJF's thought, nothing could be further from the truth, just a small "by-the-way" here, my guess is actually, not a guess. :p

14. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    roflmao, priceless! :biggrin5: