xbox 360 controller to pc?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PSYB0RG, Apr 19, 2010.

1. PSYB0RG

PSYB0RG MDL Junior Member

Sep 11, 2009
    #1 PSYB0RG, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    On Windows 7 all I did was plug the USB controller in and it detected it right away o_O

If you're on Windows XP or something else then I would have thought you have tried uninstalling all the drivers, rebooting and then inserting the USB controller into a different USB port than what you last used.

A little Windows 7 tip:
    * Go to System
    * Select 'Advanced system settings'
    * Select the hardware tab
    * Select 'Device Installation Settings'
    * Select 'Install driver software from Windows Update if it is not found on my computer' or 'Always install the best driver software from Windows Update'.
    * Select to save the changes

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I got one of the USB controllers that come with the launch consoles, I know the wireless one I use to have never worked on the system but the USB one does. Can't say why it wouldn't work, very strange.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PSYB0RG

Sep 11, 2009
    #4 PSYB0RG, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
    (OP)
    nope, i've already tried that. Actually something weird happens though. When I plug up the wired one, it knocks my mouse out (mouse looses connection and isnt detected any more).

thanks Daz for trying. Im beginning to think that this is one of the old controllers they had, dont know for sure, just will probably end up purchasing one from WALMART and doing the old switcharoo trick.

UPDATE:

BWAH HAHAHAH HAHAHAHAH HAHAHAH HA HAHAHA

Looks like somebody already beat me to it! lol. Something told me to plug my wired controller into 360, and it doesnt work in there either, lmao. I just purchased this controller from gamestop yesterday. This will be going back 2morro.

Which one of u bastards recently swapped out your controllers? Daz? Canouna? im reporting this to Micro$haft also, lol.

Guess its safe to delete this whole thread now. Unless somebody can tell me how to get my wireless one working. Goodthing is that Walmart has them for $24 new. And I paid $30 for a used one at gamestop. What a shame. Im going right now to walmart. i guess Corporations do serve some purpose.

5. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Xbox 360 wireless gaming reciever, thats what you need for the wireless one since using a power pack cord wont work.

6. PSYB0RG

Sep 11, 2009
    just got back from walmart, and new wired controller works flawless.

7. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
  8. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    Some games wont work on controllers.

I have windows 7 and when i put my controller it automatically found it,so the game probably doesnt support controllers.

9. FalloutERin

FalloutERin MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2011
    U 'NO' how expensiv it is?!