XP Cumulative Maintenance Since SP3

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by oneextraid, Mar 1, 2010.

1. oneextraid

oneextraid MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Is there a CD/DVD or some way to get all XP PRO maintenance since SP3?

2. skylark

skylark MDL Junior Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    #4 Whiznot, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
    I use Autopatcher to fetch Windows updates since SP3. Autopatcher also fetches Windows add ons and extras that can be selected. The program has an installer to mass install everything that is fetched with a reboot needed only at the end of the installation routine. The AP installer includes a great selection of registry tweaks which can be selected or reversed if needed. The Windows files are fetched from Microsoft servers and then verified by checksums. Sometimes several runs of APUP (Autopatcher Updater) with the logfile option may be necessary to fetch all files with no errors reported in the log. The end result is a portable APUP folder which can be run anywhere on multiple machines. There are 32 and 64 bit APUP releases for both Windows XP and Vista. Windows 7 is under development.

My APUP folder with all 32 bit XP updates since SP3 plus Direct X, .Net Framework, and Extras totals 751MB.

4. byghtn3

byghtn3 MDL Junior Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Could you make this available? Rapidshare, Hotfile, Megaupoad, somewhere?

It would save 751mb of file searching. Still lots of people using XP32bit.

Thanks,
    Byghtn3

5. roiplo

roiplo MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2009
  6. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    #7 Whiznot, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
    Visit the Autopatcher web site and download AutoPatcher Updater v1.3. (apup.zip). Extract to folder apup. It is recommended to place the apup folder in the root directory C:\. Open the folder and run apup.exe. A window will open to allow selection of releases to download. The Autopatcher Updater, Autopatcher Engine and Autopatcher for your version of Windows will have been preselected. You can add additional items like the DirectX add on pack, Extras add on pack, NET Framework add on pack and Java. After making your selections click the options tab and check remember selections. Click Next and apup will begin fetching your releases. You will be able to view the download progress. When you see the finish tab click it. Next open the apup folder and click "hit this to generate a log file" then click next to rerun. The fetching routine will run again. Click the finish tab when it appears. Again open the apup folder and click "hit this to generate a log file" and rerun. Click the finish tab when it appears. Open the apup folder and click on the apup.log. There will be many lines in the log file but if there are no error messages and the log reports all files have been downloaded you are ready to run autopatcher.exe.

When autopatcher.exe is run the program will take about 30 seconds to scan and select applicable updates. A window will open allowing selection of files to be installed. Critical updates that have not been previously installed will be automatically selected. Previously installed updates will be colored blue. Recommended updates can be selected as required. Highlighting an update reveals a snipet of info about that selection. There is a section for selecting extras and sections for selecting registry tweaks. After all selections are made click next and the files will be installed. At finish reboot. You may need to rerun Autopatcher.exe because some updates may require prerequisites before installing.

There is a good Autopatcher User Guide in PDF form. The guide is fairly complete but does not address the need to repeatedly run "hit this to generate a log file" ensuring complete and error free files. There is also an Autopatcher forum where issues can be discussed.

It should be noted that all files fetched by the apup script are downloaded from the original source. For example Windows patches are downloaded from Microsoft servers and Java is downloaded from Sun servers.

Autopatcher has been a great tool for me. I often do clean installs for friends and family members.

7. roiplo

roiplo MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2009
    @ Hung-Kwan

Thank you very much. I understand German but I use the English version of Windows XP.
    Greets.

8. Ol'Duffer

Ol'Duffer MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2011
    Best I've found for this

I recommend xable's sp3 update pack . It's still maintained!
    Note: nLite requires .Net2. I don't keep .Net installed; I just put it in when using nLite.
    I use winnt32.sif, instead of nLite's Unattended section, for CD/ISO installs.

9. sedmi

sedmi MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2009
    Hi,
    I could not agree more than what Ol'Duffer wrote
    the latest version can be downloaded from:
    h-t-t-p://xable.net/xp-sp3-update-pack-download.html
    current (August 2011) version is:
    XUpdatePack-SP3-v2.0.14.7z
    and yes, using winnt32.sif is much better and 'clean'
    regards, sedmi
    ps
    with nlite I also integrate SCSI, RAID and LAN drivers, so such XP-CD can be used even with latest notebooks that usually start in AHCI mode(and some do not have possibility to disable it/use 'classic IDE mode)

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I prefer RVM Integrator with update packs and BTS driver packs.