XP install plus all updates, is it possible...?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by sadsack, Aug 19, 2011.

1. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hi chaps,

Wasn't too sure if this should have gone under "apps software", but here goes....... I already have images of XP with SP3 home & pro and I was going to try and make an installable version on a thumb drive using Flashboot, but my question is, due to the incredible amount of updates that are available even once you have installed xp with sp3 is there any way of being able to slipstream these updates?.

I have made an installable version for win7 with sp1, and made it so that it will work on any type of machine, bios permitting, and this works really well.

but someone I know wants xp on two netbooks, i tried to explain to him that they might be better off with win7 starter, but he's being persistent in wanting xp.

As a side note, (and I should really thank the people who made it possible) I used the instructions from http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/26911-The-Windows-XP-Repository too update my sp2 to sp3 and I honestly thought it wasn't going to work, but it went like a dream and I have been able to update my old machine, so I just wanted to say thanks to ameykelkar for putting the information together.
    All without having to request any help. all I did was 5.1 and 5.2. perfection.

sorry people went completely of the subject there, I just needed to know about slipping the updates.

many thanks for any replies given

ttfn
    sadsack