XP pro Student Edition

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by zerocool213, Jun 19, 2009.

1. zerocool213

zerocool213 MDL Junior Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Hey everyone i have a problem as you can tell. Well i installed Windows xp Student editon on my Dads Laptop using a volume license key that has been blocked from microsoft because of a leaked key. But that is not my concern for one my dads laptop doesn't have a product key for xp and its for vista second its not a OEM key for meaning not a that the mother board isnt oem so i was wondering if i ever run into having to update which will prolly happen soon or somthing what should i do and how could i get a genuine key for my dads acer ,but remember its not oem its just a retail key that it is printed in the bottom and its for vista oem premium i just had to down grade for him because vista sucks and well just asking for help from all of you to see what i can do for that laptop so i can be able to do updates and not have to reinstall windows . thanks:)

2. tds

tds MDL Junior Member

Sep 5, 2008
    #2 tds, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #3 911medic, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. zerocool213

Apr 17, 2009
    heybro

I been trying to use these tools but it's telling me that im missing the OEMBIOS.CA_ for deb tool and yours tells me im missing OEM.sig and i went to the oem.net to download the certs and i hope attachted to the right folder so can you help me out let me tell you crc string 717B6EF3 and another question if i make my own oem right can i just repair it with that without having to reinstall or do i have to reinstall with oem disc i made thanks sorry to be a payne:)

5. tds

tds MDL Junior Member

Sep 5, 2008
    #5 tds, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  6. zerocool213

Apr 17, 2009
    hey

Well i tried medics and deb tool and it did not work out with the laptop for some wierd reason it keeps on saying that one or the other file is missing the oem.cat on debs tool and the oem.sig on medics tool and i already tried checking the crc slp string and it is there in oem.net and i have downloaded the files and extracted it to the folder and tried but nothing ok just a question even thoe the laptop does not have OEM KEY IN the back my crc slp string it says acer incorporated does that matter even thoe it matches i have no idea why this is not working :)

7. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #7 911medic, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
    The SLP needs to be AcerSystem. This is the correct for the CRC32 of the OEMBIOS files.

If you can allow me a link to your bios, maybe we can be sure it is there..

The error about the files missing is a bit strange..

Is it possible to upload a copy of the ISO to me. I can put it in vm and do some testing...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...