XP SP3 ISO For VMware

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by cpepper5702, Feb 23, 2013.

1. cpepper5702

cpepper5702 MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2013
    #1 cpepper5702, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    Hello everyone. I am trying to get an ISO file of XP (edition doesn't matter) so I can run it via VMware Player. I have looked all over the place. I found an OS that someone had posted online with that was their restore disc from their computer but when I ran it up through the VM player, it asked me for the registration key so instead of finding keys online, I decided to just delete the VM. Now my search continues for a good copy of XP. I realize there are other threads out there that relate somewhat to this but nothing that is tailored directly to what I need. I know that MS put out an image on their website that you can download but when I run it up in VMware, it says no OS found. The link is below if you guys are not familiar with it. I've heard people have had success with this but I don't understand why it's not working for me. When I read it, it didn't give me any clues that it was an update or a patch but actually was a full ISO file. Any help would be great. Thanks guys!

-Colton

Shoot... It wont let me post links (I understand for good reason) so I kind of cyphered it a bit. I removed the http and 3 other symbols from the beginning and also removed the world wide web portion. I put a space after the period from microsoft and after details and before "aspx". Hope that works...

microsoft. com/en-us/download/details. aspx?id=25129

Cheers!

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Any iso will work, the sp3 iso are available on the forum.

You can install XP sp3 without entering key during install, although it will ask. just key through it.

OEM serials are available in the oembios tool if you need them,

you can convert the vmware bios to contain slp string of your choosing with vmware bios tools available in the virtualization forum.

You can make the install OEM with the above tools.

SEARCH THE FORUMS!!!!!:cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #6 urie, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    Every one keeps advising to get xp pro VLK what they should be downloading is XP PRO OEM

or even

On non oem version all you need to edit si the setupp.ini

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    There are retail and OEM ISO downloads all over the forums. Install the VL is not the problem, it simply will never be "genuine". Easy to fix with the OEM tools however.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. =)(=

=)(= Guest

I found this on MDL (I think) a while ago. :p

Probably works on VMware too.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Hacks are a last resort we do not recommend them.

8. maxtorix

maxtorix MDL Member

Feb 3, 2010
    What is the difference from this and normal ISO