Y740-1IRHg bios problem

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by godmice, May 15, 2022.

1. godmice

godmice MDL Novice

May 15, 2022
    hi i was wondering if you can help me a bit
    i have a problem with my Y740-15irhg, (works now) but i have the missing info in bios, serial number, model, etc due to mobo replacement.
    i was wondering if you can help me with a dump of full bios, so i can try and find the exact position i have to enter my serial number etc,in my bios.
    i dont have a dump of the old bios to recover my padding area due to mobo replacement, i have to insert all data manual
    i have no dump of original bios to compare for the data (sn, pn, mtm, sn mobo), no clue in the curent dump i made where i can find nfo about (sn, pn, etc,)

or if you can i need the offset for the folowing : product name (pn), serial number (sn), model number (mtm), and i need a second serial number (sn but this one is for the mobo).
    and there is InsydeH2OSDE: according to it one unkown (type 200) has 2 strings 1 is ideapad and 2 is invalid.

i appreciate any advice. thank you
    sorry my english is bad :D

2. godmice

godmice MDL Novice

May 15, 2022
    come on no one has a y740-15irhg that can help with a bios dump ? or a sm bios data

3. godmice

godmice MDL Novice

May 15, 2022
    p.s. lvar dosent work (windows,dos,uefi) i get other error on all versions

all the insyde h20eze,h202uve,h20sde toolds wont allow me to change bios data,

i tried to hxd and modify the bios (add all the data sn pn mtm etc), but it failed for some reason wont boot any more after spi flash.

fun fact uefitool gives me some intresthing things.

BIOS: FFFh FFFh ME: FFFh FFFh

GbE: FFFh FFFh EC: FFFh FFFh this all empty data for some reason

Flash chips in VSCC table:

EF4018 (Winbond W25Q128)

1C7018 (EON EN25QH128)

EF4017 (Winbond W25Q64)

207018 (Unknown) this one should be the main bios chip why is unkown i dont know

C84018 (GigaDevice GD25x128)