Yamaha driver link https://sites.google.com/site/yamahasoundcarddriver is dead! HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by palbertsma, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
  3. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #86 Daz, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #89 Daz, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
    I'm a little confused by your reply, but I had that file saved because I'd originally downloaded it to make sure I wasn't recommending him something that would screw up his system. And I guess it just stayed on my hard drive since then.

Unless you was laughing at the hosts tagline?

@ palbertsma
    Yes, it's exactly the same file. Same name and hash.

5. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Thanks for confirming! I'm convinced now that my version of Win 7, the lite one, is limited on sound.

So I will be switching to XP full, and then try to speed up by disabling as much as possible.

Of course: thank you for being so attentive and uploading this driver again!:)

6. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I think he's laughing because we spent the majority of yesterday looking through loads of sites and drivers for OP and couldn't find it, and you had it all along

7. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Normally I would delete something like the driver right away, but for some reason I kept it. Maybe it's because I found it hard to find in the first place, or maybe I was just distracted and forgot about it. Hopefully someone will keep a copy of it now though as this time I have deleted it ;)

8. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    I want to thank everyone who contributed and has been of great help for me!

The solution has come in another way a was thinking of, but that is not so relevant. Important is, that I am able to work on that old laptop again, with a workable speed, with WLAN enabled en with sound. And I think you all have contributed to this final outcome, for which I am really grateful!:biggrin:

After installation I will let you know if I succeeded in what I described before.

9. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    Bingo, lol :D - plus, in hindsight think its quite amusing because the hunt was on for this 'mystery' audio driver from the moment OP created this thread but none we manage to find seem to work. (Turns out, as we suspected all along, the real problem is/was this installed Windows Lite version) ;)
    - @palbertsma - Just curious ...as obviously Daz helped you out before (RAM patch, driver) how come you didn't send him a pm? :rolleyes:

10. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    ...yes, exactly, lol! :D - Learned a valuable lesson my friend, next time we first ask Daz! rofllmao :D

11. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    I thought that is was a long time ago, and he'd long forgotten this issue about a very old laptop, coming right out of the Middle-ages!

But I think you are right: in matters in the future it will be better to first try to PM. Also I'm not so well aware of the PM phenomena and not accustomed to use it. So I learnt more than just how to make my laptop revive again!:eek:

12. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    No problem - I'm convinced you will succeed -...if you run into any troubles or have questions please don't hesitate to ask. :)

13. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Thank you very much!:excl:

As promised: I will let you know how things go!

BTW: I am at about 30 minutes till end of installation (as indicated by Windows).

14. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    I installed Win XP full, and I must say that it 's not bad. It installed all drivers by itself, except for the two WLAN devices. As I possess the drivers for these devices, it was quit easy to install those drivers. This time it was a peace of cake!

For this moment speed cannot objectively be measured, as Windows is very busy downloading a bunch of updates in WindowsUpdates. After that process it will be clear how fast Windows will be.

Thus far I am content.

I still have some questions:

1. The Realtek WLAN is a USB device. Plugged into the 1.0 USB slot, the only Toshiba has, it does see connections and does connect, but is not stable. Is that because it is USB 1.0? Is the power in fact to weak to sustain a stable connection?
    2. A have a USB 2.0 CardBus PC Card, a PCMCIA-card, and when I plug that into a PCMCIA-slot, I can plug my Realtek WLAN USB into one of the two USB-2.0 slots. The Realtek WLAN is recognized that way, but it cannot see any connections and therefor is useless in that USB 2.0-device. Is there a way to make the Realtek work in the USB 2.0 CardBus PC Card? That would be great, as this way I would have the possibility to use USB 2.0 (the other USB 2.0 slot is still free). Otherwise this PCMCIA slot is possessed by the Atheros PCMCIA-WLAN-card, and leaves no room for the USB 2.0 CardBus PC Card.

Anyway: I am glad I followed the good advises and installed Windows XP full!

15. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    #100 Bytebuster, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017