Your opinion about driver updater software?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by nadeem125, Dec 26, 2015.

1. nadeem125

nadeem125 MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2015
    Hi guys i want to know your opinion regarding drivers updater software?. I have searched though Google about driver updater software i found AVG driver updater, Sam driver updater, lava soft etc. Any one of you tried these driver updater software i want to upgrade my system drivers.

2. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    If it's not broken, why fix it. I use DriverPack Solution when I install Windows on a new laptop/PC and I don't have the drivers CD. After that, no more drivers update.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    had a few custs with bsod due to them updates.. random driver comes in and bsod started.

if you are having bsod get bluescreenview from nirsoft

4. nadeem125

nadeem125 MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2015
    Hmm thank for the answer could you please provide me download link of the file?
    Is this free or paid?

5. nadeem125

nadeem125 MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2015
    let me search it

6. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    1. All hardware and drivers goes always together;
    2. If there are updates, they will be available for free on software provider homepage;
    3. My little diamond brain (so small and so flat and smooth) cannot understand why a third-party driver is better than the original.
    4. All driver updater software is made only for sale - they must make money, not update drivers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    That should read HARDWARE

Hardware is only as good, as the software that drives it

Use your brain power & not some c**P driver update whatever

8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    intel driver update tool and amd driver detect.. i use those a lot on custs pc.
    hardware manuf has a scan for hardware model.. then their support assistant usually finds updates.

9. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    It's free of charge: drp.su Click on download full and you'll get a torrent link to an ISO file about 10 GB in size.

10. alfreire

alfreire MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2011
    I use Snappy Driver from a long time htt*://snappy-driver-installer.sourceforge.net/en/index.php works perfect and have a huge and updated database of drivers (same database that DriverPack Solution or SamDrivers)... also works from CMD with commands...
    Regards... ;-)

11. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    Make sure you have a backup before messing with third party driver updaters.

Some time ago (can't recall when) I won Driver Easy from one of sid_16's contests. The ratings on it are not very high. But I have had very few problems with it. I don't use that much, and again, I make sure I have System Restore and Paragon/Acronis images.

And now, just to contradict myself and confuse everyone :), there is nothing wrong with the "If it ain't broke don't fix it." approach. Convince yourself 1000% you will really benefit from a different driver if there are no issues.

12. Meat[On]A[Stick]

Meat[On]A[Stick] MDL Junior Member

Jan 1, 2015
    I hope this question isn't too far off topic: Do these driver update programs go by the date only? Let's say you have Windows 7, HP computer and nVidia video card. If Windows 7 has a newer driver and HP has a newer (but different) driver and nVidia has a newer, different driver, does the Driver Update program go by date only? How could you find out if a slightly older driver was really best?

13. alfreire

alfreire MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2011
    If you test Snappy Driver you got some answers to your questions..
    Regards... ;-)

14. Mutoid

Mutoid MDL Member

Sep 23, 2015
    I agree with the others who have said " If it ain't broke ... etc "

Having said that , I had some missing drivers after dealing with a failed hard disc.

"Drive The Life " did the business .... no fuss , no tears , no broken hearts :biggrin:

Note - I think the name has changed recently .... maybe called "Driver Talent" now.

15. nadeem125

nadeem125 MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2015
  16. nadeem125

nadeem125 MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2015
    is it safe to download from torrent?

17. nadeem125

nadeem125 MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2015
  18. alfreire

alfreire MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2011
    #18 alfreire, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    Yes, don't worry... It is in Sourceforge http*://sourceforge.net/projects/snappy-driver-installer/
    Regards... ;-)

p.s.:
    Quote from his author BadPointer:

19. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Yep. It's virus free.

20. ianymaty

ianymaty MDL Member

Jan 31, 2010