Your Thoughts on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by drewgrantt, Jun 7, 2010.

1. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    What can I say.......Windows 7 is 'Vista - Finally Fix'.

2. smurfsworld

smurfsworld MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2010
    Windows 7 imo will be the next best thing to XP once they release SP1

Compatibility has been one main issue with 7, but very stable

Vista was just like Millenium - A big flop.

I myself will be sticking with XP untill Sp1 at least is released.

3. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    #23 coromonadalix, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
    hi @all

i've tried and worked with all the windows up to Win 7, Xp was my favorites

i hate windows 7 but have no choice to evolve, i hate the windows explorer, i hate the aero theme i whant a "real" classic menu ... but upon trying thid parties softwares causes more troubles than fun, i whant an absolute control as an admin ..... but there's a super admin etc ....... Microsoft lost it, they gave's us functions in eraliers windows but removed them ....

Each versions of the old windows was taking more drive space ... more and more ... why not having an option to purge all the un-needed drivers from win7 we have the choice to remove ie8 and other thing from win7 since the antithrusts cases ...

im trying to learn ubuntu, ymlf, with the xp them, i liked the classic xp theme simple and fast.

4. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010

Ubuntu 9.10 was good.What are you using now??ubuntu lucid lynx??

5. xaver

xaver MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    I have been a long time XP user. It took me months to accept W7. But what I did wrong was to use what I was used to use from XP.

Since I spent a lot of time to discover W7 I do not miss my XP so much anymore and I use it less and less - I have multiboot and both systems look almost exactly the same from the setup. But W7 has some nice features you really have to find out from reading the documentation. Otherwise you just use XP in W7 and get more confused than anything else.

6. weinter

weinter MDL Senior Member

Feb 19, 2009
    #26 weinter, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
    My thoughts on Windows 7.
    Seriously I find it easy to navigate Windows 7.
    Although they did shift things around a little poking around ought to find it easily.

If you have trouble with the almost idiot-proof UI the problem is between the keyboard and the chair.

As for slowing down, again problem between the keyboard and the chair.
    I see people download and installing crap everyday.
    "Ohhh Super Duper Anti-virus!" Download install because it sounds great and is free.
    Do you want to install Ask toolbar? Along with this Daemon tool software (Default Yes) so people just tick yes.

If you can't use Windows 7 properly a calculator will fit you better.
    Common sense here everything on your harddisk is code and data to be executed.
    You have a choice on what you want on your disk.
    You install unnecessary / poorly programmed crap you get crappy computer.
    The less you have the faster it goes.
    It is so stupidly simple I wonder how come people failed to grasp the essence.

7. Stool

Stool MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    HM dude, blowing win7 up on two machines, unable to configure you network , can't set up your printer... Are you sure you know what you are doing?? Win7 is the easiest OS MS has ever come up with. Even my gf who doesn't know much abt pc's can install win7 from usb and set up the network...
    I SERIOUSLY doubt techs would have a problem setting windows 7 up; it even downloads the correct drivers for you from the net, man!

8. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    No problems with WIN7 on 2 PCs. I agree that some features could be improved. The file sharing on the network is more awkward than XP, but easily solved.
    The worst feature is the search. I have a lot of files and do not like the "virtual" folders. As a DOS user I prefer to make my own directories. The answer to the search is a free program called Everything from voidtools.com (I am not allowed to post link). Supports wild cards and is quick.