You're ALL oblivious to VIRUSES / WORMS / BACKDOORS

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by shaba230, May 13, 2007.

1. shaba230

shaba230 MDL Novice

May 13, 2007
    Bios Virus' -- How do you know what you're installing?

How come there is no documentation on how you do the AMI bios? It is significantly different? Do you not want to show us so that way you have to do those for us?

Post a video of you modifying the P5W DH Deluxe Bios so we can all see how it's done first hand and that way we can trust that we aren't getting a BIOS virus, because that's what I feel like everyone is getting here.

It can't be that hard for you to post a video this once, you seem to be able to modify them very quickly so just post a video of it on here. It will save you some work on your next bios modification and will make this all seem safe.

2. shaba230

shaba230 MDL Novice

May 13, 2007
    Yes, but are you sure the modded bios you got from here does not have a virus? Bios Viruses are veryyyy simple to make, i'm getting really suspicious about why no one can seem to modify AMI bios' but china has no problem doing it, and doing it over and over for everyone. I hope he's just that nice, but I would like to see a video or a tutorial on how to modify a P5W DH Deluxe Mobo MYSELF.

3. China4Ever

China4Ever Bios Mod.

Apr 25, 2007
    Hi shaba230. Well, Sometimes one says "hello" or "good morning" when speak to another man. Anyway I'll answer to your questions and I'll satisfy your will of knowing how mod ami bioses (like any other bios).

1) On this forum, as you've probably seen, there isn't any guide but you can find it (or them as there are many guides around) on chinese sites (search on google for vistafans).

2) I have no reason to show you how I mod bioses myself, as there could be the risk to damage your mobo, so don't you think it's better that modding procedure must be done by anyone who knows where put his own hands to manage it ??? (As said before look for google for guides on vistafans site).

3) I can't post a video simply because I haven't a videocamera or photocamera, so I can't, I'm sorry.

4) I don't need to proove to anyone that I know how modding bioses and my modded bioses are not viruses at all (why and how could you think a similar thing ???). Who do you think you are ???

So if you want to explain your idea you're free to do it, but don't spread wrong idea about modded bioses have virus inside them. This is absolutely wrong and has no sense at all.

Cheers,
    China.

4. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    I can't believe anyone would possibly think china or xbioses or anyone else for that matter who's modded bios's for us is by any means doing any wrong by people who request bios's... that's insane.

They do it in their own time and get nothing for doing it except thank you's from the many people including myself who have had them do mods for us. I personally have had about 10 done and every one has worked perfectly, i even trusted them enough to flash my notebook I paid $3900 for and it was the first toshiba mod i'd seen. Of course, it worked fine.

bios virus, what a joke.

Thanks guys, your work is highly appreciated!!!

5. westmassguy

westmassguy MDL Junior Member

May 7, 2007
    God! There's always somebody.
    Instead of a simple Thank You....Noooooo...we have to question their motives, question their methods, make them prove what they are doing.
    All the good people involved are doing this for FREE, on their own time.
    What part do you not understand?
    Viruses which can affect BIOS, are introduced within Windows, not the other way around.
    FYI...Early versions of Windows IE.... 95,98,Me all comunicated directly with hardware, and BIOS. Older machines used to have a "Write Protect" BIOS feature which prevented certain viruses from corrupting the BIOS.
    Windows 2000 and XP use a HAL (Hardware Abstract Layer), which prevents most software from comunicating directly with your hardware. This pretty much eliminated BIOS corruption from Windows born viruses.
    Vista further enhances this by using a Virtual HAL and UAC, which makes it nearly impossible for any virus to corrupt the BIOS.

6. delweine

delweine MDL Member

May 1, 2007
    Heh "show us a video of how to flash or mod it" PLEEEEASEEE!!!
    Anyone who builds their own boxes who cannot grasp what is being done here SHOULD NOT BE BUILDING THEIR OWN BOXES.. RATHER....>>

>>>>
    >>>> GET A DELL DUDE!!

These guys here, China and XBIOS are about as good as it gets as far as being great computer community bros :)

Takes ca decent amount of work for these guys to handle these requests, and they seem to get it done, My hat is off to them.

Also, FK OFF MS!!

Thse guys are acting 100 percent legally. YOU DONT LICENSE MOTHERBOARD BIOS'S!!
    so again MS <<< FK AND **** OFF!!

7. sloozer

sloozer MDL Member

Apr 25, 2007
    if you are suspicious or having doubt, my suggestion to you is not to use any modded bios.

as for a tutorial, there is already 3 article posted on mydigitallife

8. shaba230

shaba230 MDL Novice

May 13, 2007
    p.s.

I can't think of any logical reason you would be reluctant to share with us how to mod an AMI bios, you say you're doing it so we have a professional do it...but no one here is going to go through a tutorial to mod a bios that isn't careful enough to know what they're doing or how to restore a corrupted bios...and a simple warning could fix that

9. China4Ever

China4Ever Bios Mod.

Apr 25, 2007
    Please read my previous post. Anyway modding bioses IS ONLY AT YOUR OWN RISK, and I think (and hope) this is clear for anyone.

Neither I nor Xbioses are responsable for potential damage to any motherboard, but as far as we know, our methods, based on chinese guides, are almost perfect (I said almost as in this world nothing is perfect and never will be).

Anyway, I think to have discussed too much about it, now sites and info for taking what you need for do it yourself, you already have, so enjoy yourself.

10. shaba230

shaba230 MDL Novice

May 13, 2007

None of which have anything to do with AMI Bioses.

11. shaba230

shaba230 MDL Novice

May 13, 2007
    #18 shaba230, May 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  12. China4Ever

China4Ever Bios Mod.

Apr 25, 2007
    @Shaba230

I'm very tired my dear "junior member" to have patience with you, but I want to give you another prove of how useless are your posts here.

You need to know (if you read or translate chinese or if you at least read any single previous page of this thread) that AMI bios modding procedure, like award or phoenix ones are not mechanically.

It's not so simple. Each bios has its own procedure and so MMTOOL can work or not (noone will tell you if it work or not, you need to try yourself).

Some bioses having FC modules inside can be modded by simple replacement of that module, others not, but you can't know "a priori" (latin language) if that bios will be modded with fc replacement or not.

If I write any single thing about what I know on modding bioses, you should write a book of one thousand pages. Anyway I decided to don't give you credit anymore. You can think what you want and I warned you one time, next time I'll ban you and you can bet I will.

So if you want to cohoperate, read chinese guides, use babelfish translation or google one and we'll speak again.

Take care,
    China4Ever.

13. shaba230

shaba230 MDL Novice

May 13, 2007
    you can just ban me because I have spent about 10 hours on that forum trying to find a tutorial for AMI bios'. I can't register with the website (probably because i'm from america and I dont use a chinese server) but I dont know...I just get this message:

您的请求来路不正确或验证字串不符,无法提交。如果您安装了某种默认屏蔽来路信息的个人防火墙软件(如 Norton Internet Security),请设置其不要禁止来路信息后再试。

which translates to:

Your request background incorrect or inconsistent certification strings, could not be submitted. If you have some background information default shielding personal firewall software (such as Norton Internet Security), will not have its ban background information after the affirmative

So there goes any chance at being able to use a search function on those forums or being able to post, i went through about 10 pages of topic listings, actually viewing about 100 topics and none seemed to give me an information about what I am looking for. There were no sticky's that were a tutorial in any of their sub-forums.

What REALLY makes me mad though is you are sitting there saying all of this, when all you have to do is take 5 minutes, FIVE MINUTES, just to tell me how you do a P5WDH Deluxe Bios, but instead you choose to sit there and just tell me reasons why you dont want to tell me, how you will ban me, how to do it the wrong way with mmtools, why mmtools doesn't work.

WHY, why would you tell me all of this, why dont you just tell me what i asked for from my first post...how to do a P5WDH Deluxe motherboard? All the work you do for the community here, you can't do that one simple thing......
    why don't you want to? Because it would be time consuming, no, because you have something to hide, Maybe? Because you just dont want to teach anyone anything...maybe, but why are you "helping" everyone out with these bios' if you dont want to teach anyone anything??

This is so rediculous, you KNOW how easy it is to put a virus in a bios, you are smart...............so WHY NOT EASE THE CONCERN OF THAT??

People that created truecrypt made it open source because thats something that would have a high potential for a virus/worm/backdoor...

Why on earth wont you make this clear for everyone? This is really hurtful.

UPDATE: Couldn't register due to google translator service, but everything else I said still stands and the fact that you wont put up a simple video or a tutorial on how to do a P5WDH Deluxe is really hurtful when someone of your intelligence KNOWS how easy it is to throw a backdoor into a bios.