ZOTAC WinUSB Maker - Official Support Thread

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Josh Cell, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    The 'boot tag' problem occurs by an internal incompatibility with some partition models.. I will work around soon...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Boops

Boops MDL Addicted

Jan 5, 2008
    Friend Josh Cell;

Could you include an option to create ISO?:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sillysausage

sillysausage MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2014
    Hello.

I've ran into a bit of a problem.... While formatting with WinUSB my power cut out, the whole neighbourhood went dark (i dont suppose WinUSB did that :D ).
    So, when power came back my usb drive was dead. As a doornail. It shows as an "Unknown Device" in device manager. Doesnt show in storage management, doesnt show as unformatted drive. Cant format it in any way now.

Its Sansidk Cruzer Orbit 16gb.

Help.

4. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    Looks like you might need to buy a new one...their cheap.

5. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Hi folks, sorry for my late support here, but I am very busy and without any time to work on these days.

I am writing some modules to solve the 'Critical error when injecting boot tag' permanently.

Only USB devices with corrupted MBR will show this error. There is no way to solve it without fully re-writing the MBR boot sector and also many other tools will display these errors when working with these USB devices.

Soon. :)

6. apologized

apologized MDL Addicted

Nov 29, 2012
    take your time

7. paul44

paul44 MDL Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I have just tested this with an iso on a network share and it was 100% successful. Thanks for this very useful tool (used to use the old one) :)

8. hashoja

hashoja MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2013
    I tried the tool with windows xp and it give me message ((the iso file does not have valid windows...........)) I tried with 2 different copies of xp I already setup this copies using win setup from usb but some mother boards give me blue screen after ((setup starting windows )) before the partionss shown that's why I wanna try ur tool and I hope it fix this problem for me waiting ur answer

9. DaRk MaDnEsS

DaRk MaDnEsS MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2011
    simply because it doesnt support making XP on a flash drive

10. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    The ability and the will to read might have avoided this :cool2:. Unfortunately it seems RTFM is a dying principle :g:.

11. hashoja

hashoja MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2013
    then why they said it support xp with netframework 4 included ?
    I read it in the official website "xp or higher "

12. DaRk MaDnEsS

DaRk MaDnEsS MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2011
    it support running on XP Platform but that doesn't mean making USB of XP booting

13. hashoja

hashoja MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2013
    oh ok sorry for miss understanding
    so can u help me in my problem

when I try to setup windows xp from usb ( created by winsetup from usb ) in some motherboards like asrock 775i it give me blue screen when the partions prepared to abear

can u solve this problem for me please

14. hashoja

hashoja MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2013
    I tried all possible situation without success

15. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    I don't think this version will install xp correctly but the old version beta 2 does. If you would like to try the older beta 2 let me know by pm and I will provide a link for you to at least try it.

16. hashoja

hashoja MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2013
    when I done it by cd it success without problems
    and the problem with specific mother boards (for example asrock 775i )show in bios hardisk drivers and show the usb flash on of them

17. hashoja

hashoja MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2013

u mean xp sp2 ????
    I don't think the reason in copy of windows because I used it on other motherboards and it work perfectly

18. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    I guess no one here reads the previous posts in this thread. He said he would update this app at some point to help resolve the usb creation issues that "some" not all are having. When I said xp I meant the old version (beta 2 of the old usb maker software not this zotac software) before zotac version has no issues with xp installs from usb where this new version can have issues. The only reason I mention this is because I had a issue with xp install (any sp version for xp) and used the old beta version which worked perfect. I'm not putting down the new zotac but it does have issues with xp installs from usb but it wasn't really designed for xp install in the first place I believe. If I am wrong Josh please feel free to comment.

This would exclude windows xp then. This is why I use the old usb maker beta 2 for xp installs from usb.

19. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    I'm working hard in a new thing to help all the users from joshcellsoftwares.com apps...

News comming ASAP... :worthy::eek::hug2::eek::worthy: