ZOTAC WinUSB Maker - Official Support Thread

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Josh Cell, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks everyone that replied on my post. @JoshCell thanks for your tool, will keep it and trash the Microsoft usb tool

3. XisiX

XisiX MDL Novice

May 5, 2007
    Small and simple, yet very powerful tool, with very important feature: it can make 64 bit bootable media on 32 bit host machine - I just maked Win8 64 bit installation USB drive using 32 bit Windows XP PC, and it's working.

Thank you.

4. Barney Bear

Barney Bear MDL Novice

May 28, 2007
    really easy to use thank you josh

5. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Thanks for the reports...

Zero problems, incompatibilities, or crashes after 10 days of RC 1 stage (1000 downloads in the total), it is really amazing. :animatedwink:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    An average of 100 downloads per day... it's just amazing. Could you imagine when you finish the final release?

7. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Yea, we still have a good average of downloads of our apps even in RC or BETA stage, but very soon will be increased inside the final release...:tea:

8. shawky.nasr

shawky.nasr MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2010
    great work! Thank you for that :rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. anh baby

anh baby MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2011
    great work! waiting for final release :)

10. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    The changes inside the final release will not be hard, but thanks for the feedback anyway... :)

11. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Still no reports and we are around 1500 downloads...

The final release will not have internal changes, only the version info around the about area, to ensure the application integrity for the end user.

12. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    • Botchered font rendering, locally as well as visible on your own screenshots, how did that get past Beta? :p
    • Not DPI Aware? Not set in Manifest.
    • The Fade/Always on Top is one annoying mess, the Drag'n'Drop is a bit weird but OK but the lack of any alternative loading method doesn't help making this user friendly.
      The forced Always on Top would be less annoying if the window wouldn't be relatively huge.
    • Does not support Drag'n'Drop onto the Taskbar icon at all.

Can't set a different manifest (app breaks instantly and doesn't load a external) to see if it actually is DPI aware and you just didn't add it.

I would be pretty pissed off getting this as final from a Dev IMO :)

Honest feedback, there you have it :)

13. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    The font rendering are custom and inside the memory, only compatible with native true type fonts compatible operating systems (Vista+). On XP, the font will be the Microsoft default, but always without problems...

This application is DPI Aware, and for all the DPI scales it will have the same size by their own UI rendering ways. I did not have added it in manifest because it is not needed, since the UI is not managed by the operating system.

The user still have the minimize button and the taskbar progress if needed...

You can drop inside the taskbar icon, then the application will be focused and you can drop it inside the main UI.

What are your operating system? Thanks for your feedback.

14. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
  15. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
  16. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
  17. petsworld

petsworld MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2013
    ok thanks but i'm lost i'm try to load another pc not the one i'm talk ono_O

18. petsworld

petsworld MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2013
    ok the pc i'm try to load key number on said to go to start click computer click properties click activated now but on this pc it don't said activated now y is my ?

19. Mad Ebil

Mad Ebil MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2010
    No offence, but always-on-top, window fade and drag n drop features are annoying as hell. Don't really care about fonts not aligning or DPI. I somewhat think that people who make windows installs on USBs don't really care that much for looks, but maybe that's just me. Other than that - works just fine :)

20. trance89

trance89 MDL Member

Oct 29, 2010
    thanks josh cell, working awesome with my 32gb usb3.0 pendrive