ZOTAC WinUSB Maker - Official Support Thread

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Josh Cell, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Roger that, but don't forget if I've already told you, I am willing to translate the interface to spansih language.

2. zupipo

zupipo MDL Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    I have encountered a problem with a Sandisk Cruzer Blade 8 GB device. "This is not a valid USB device" is what I get when selecting this drive. It has no errors (tested), is formatted FAT32 and works fine otherwise. Do you have an explanation for this behavior?

edit:
    I found this on the Sandisk page: Windows 8 Certification requires flash drive manufacturers to configure flash drives as fixed disks. Flash drives configured as fixed disk will show up in Windows Explorer as 'Hard Disk Drives'. Flash drives configured as fixed disks still function the same as those configured as removable disks.

Is there any way to use your tool in spite of this?

3. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Hmm, that is very interesting.

Commonly I deny the fixed disk from making a bootable device because it looks like a HDD or External HDD, but these Windows 8 certifications requires that way to handle the flash...

Very thanks, I will do some thing to solve it. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Absolutely strange and new for me... With the inherent potential errors and mistakes for Zotac tool if Josh incorporates this functionality, well may be.

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. zupipo

zupipo MDL Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    It was totally new for me too. I first thought it's something wrong with the pen drive, but Sandisk has started to configure all new pen drives that way. I am sure, other companies will follow. This means, that nearly all existing USB-bootmaker programs won't accept the new drives, I tested two others with the same negative results.

At last RMPrepUSB did the job and made the drive bootable including the Win 8.1 installation.

7. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Very cool, thanks TS... :hug2::hug2::hug2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    TS :hug2: JC

I think it works better than Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

I forget what errors sometimes with Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool but truth is we're entering the USB/SD world and people will have support when burning W7 with ZOTAC cause I link to this page not just the DL

Are you working on a mounting tool so I can reference that too...

:shisha:

9. IT4ALii3EN

IT4ALii3EN MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    Hello ! I have an error when I want to flash an iso Win 8.1 RTM 64bit official on my USB Disk !
    With all other Windows, Win7 and Win8 all, 32 or 64bit, pro or home, etc. this works, but doesn't work with Win 8.1 ...
    An idea ?

10. IT4ALii3EN

IT4ALii3EN MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    This error is at the end of the flash.
    Error with files .ddl (I don't record me the name), and error with Boot ! So, it's officially dead for flash this windows ^^ !
    I use "WinToBootic" now, if don't work, I will use Rufus !

11. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    yes with rufus you can create a booting usb with either GPT or MBR ;)

12. IT4ALii3EN

IT4ALii3EN MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    My USB Disk 4go .... It is so small for Win8.1 .... I use an USB disk 16Go now !

In effect, Win 8.1 don't boot on a USB Diks < 4GO ! So USB Disk 8Go !

13. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
  14. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    Waiting for Zotac Win Final ! :worthy:

15. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Oh Josh you are pretty bad with all of us, is not fair. The waiting takes too long... :p:tea:

16. KarbonKopy

KarbonKopy MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2011
    Error when using network drive for ISO.

Love the utility Josh! Having a bit of trouble when using a network drive for the ISO. When dragging over a network based ISO file is gives me the error 'The source is not ready'. Wasn't sure if this was by design but it sure would be great to be able to do this from a network drive! Thanks!

17. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Hi. That is something like a protection to ensure the source integrity while the application are buffering.

You really need to copy it to the hard disk.