[15 licenses contest] Start Is Back Personal.

Discussion in 'Giveaways and Contests' started by sid_16, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    #1 sid_16, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    1St. I would like to thank Mr Tihiy from Start Is Back for sponsoring 15 licenses (Personal) of Start Is Back to our awesome members here at MDL.
    What is Start Is Back?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Get the Original Start Button on Windows 8

With Microsoft pulling out the classic desktop Start button and replacing it with the modern Start Screen in Windows 8, third-party developers took it upon themselves to offer users the decades-old feature. StartIsBack is another solution to getting the desktop in Windows 8 to have the same functionality as before. But the developer of this program took the project a bit further and made its launch button mimic the original to the letter. According to the developer, this is possible because Microsoft did not remove all the Start menu code in Windows 8, which gave the developer of StartIsBack the chance to bring it back to light and thus have a button highly unlikely to raise compatibility issues, even in the case of new updates for the operating system.

The benefits of the application do not come free as in the case of most other solutions, though, and a $3/2.3 EUR fee is required to remove the 30-day trial limitation. This is cheaper than Stardock’s Start8, the license is available for two computers and it is valid for all future versions of the application. You can also use the application free of charge, after the trial runs out, but with some limitations, such as a blank Start Menu and every boot reminds that the evaluation period has ended. After installation the app prompts a brief tutorial dialog that teaches the basics, such as bringing up the Start menu, switching to the modern Start Screen or accessing the program’s configuration panel. Since it uses the same code that powered the launcher in Windows 7, StartIsBack offers the same experience, from the way it looks to functionality. Unlike in the case of many other alternatives, the side menu is transparent and every new program added to the system is highlighted in the menu.

Windows 10 upgrade
    Do I need to be concerned about Windows 10 upgrade? No. StartIsBack+ should not affect your ability to upgrade to Windows 10. Will StartIsBack work on Windows 10? Yes! New version of StartIsBack, called StartIsBack++, is available now. Will I need to buy new key for the program on Windows 10? No! Your license key will work for all StartIsBack versions. Although, it would be nice of you to purchase an extra license and recommend StartIsBack to your friends to help development of new versions ;) Windows 8.1 upgrade

Do I still need StartIsBack as Windows 8.1 has its own Start button? Yes. The Windows 8.1 still does not have a proper Start menu. Will StartIsBack work on Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2? Yes! New version of StartIsBack, called StartIsBack+, is available for Windows 8.1. I have Windows 8 and StartIsBack. How do I upgrade to Windows 8.1? Before upgrading to Windows 8.1, ensure you have StartIsBack version 2.0 or above. If you have earlier version you must update StartIsBack. Once you upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 you must install StartIsBack+. You don't have to uninstall StartIsBack; your settings and license will be kept. Will I need to buy new key for the program on Windows 8.1? No! Your license key will work for both StartIsBack and StartIsBack+.

Features

How do I configure Start Menu? Either right-click Start button and click "Properties" or right-click opened Start Menu itself and choose "Properties" context menu item. How do I invoke new Windows 8 Start Screen? Either press Ctrl+Win (configurable shortcut) or click Start button with mouse wheel. If mouse wheel click is not working, you may need to tweak your mouse driver. If I turn my Start Screen into Apps Screen, will I be able to undo it? Yes. You can disable this feature at any moment and your desktop shortcuts will return to their places. How do I rearrange programs in All Programs list? You can rearrange folders and programs in All Programs list, both in Windows 7 and Windows XP mode, if you uncheck "Sort All Programs menu by name" option. Can I integrate StartIsBack into my Windows installation? Yes; the easiest way would be to create image of installation with StartIsBack installed, with tool like RecImg. Download Deployment Guide to find more. How do I uninstall StartIsBack? As expected: go to Control Panel - Programs and Features, find StartIsBack and click Uninstall. Trial, licensing and activation

How trial version works? There are no limitations in trial version. After installing it runs for 30 days. If you don't activate it with license number you bought within 30 days, it will still work, but in limited mode: Start Menu will be blank and non-customizable; every boot you'll be nagged about evaluation period over. Trial period runs for each user which have installed StartIsBack on one PC separately. What is activation and why is it needed? Activation is a process of validating your license online. It ties your computer to your license via online service. It is required in order to make sure license use is not abused. One license key allows you to activate a limited number of computers.

How my computer is identified? Your computer is uniquely identified by motherboard unique number and hard disk physical serial number OS is installed to. What if I change hardware configuration of my PC or replace it? If you change both hard disk and motherboard, you will need to activate your license again as modified PC will count as new. You can activate your license on new PC after 30 days since you used license on the old PC, so you may need to wait while trial period is over. Does StartIsBack "phone home"? No. StartIsBack does not collect information about your PC hardware or software. It does not use Internet connection for license validation purposes except the moment you activate it. Online activation service does not collect your IP address or any other information which could identify you or your computer. Computer unique identifiers are transferred in hash form, which does not allow anyone else to view it. Note: automatic new version checking functionality requires Internet connection. How many times can I reinstall / reactivate StartIsBack? There is no limitation on how many times you can activate an installation on the same PC. Does my license expire? No, your license will never expire and is valid for all future versions of StartIsBack.

Download - Choose your Windows version

Choose your Windows version

Windows 8 StartIsBack 2.1.2

Windows 8.1 StartIsBack+ 1.7.5

Windows 10 StartIsBack++ 1.0 RC2

Download program for Windows version you're using now. StartIsBack is digitally signed by STANISLAV ZINUKHOV with identity check provided by StartCom© Certification Authority. Do not download StartIsBack from untrusted websites. Before downloading, installing or using this program you must read Personal License Agreement and agree to be bound by it.

Included translations Additional downloads StartIsBack++ for Windows 10 version history StartIsBack+ for Windows 8.1 version history
    • Version +1.7.5 6 March 2015
    • Dynamic high-DPI start menu scale adjustment
    • Start menu searches in PC settings as well
    • Improved compatibility with Windows 10 Technical Preview
    • Offline activation for enterprise licenses
    • Fixed minor issues

• Version +1.7 22 November 2014
    • Compatibility with Stardock WindowBlinds
    • Experimental compatibility with Windows 10 Technical Preview
    • Fixed problems with KB3000850 update installed
    • Fixed minor issues

• Version +1.6.2 15 May 2014
    • Fixed: incorrect start menu position on some multi-mon configurations
    • Fixed: problems to install on Windows 2012 R2 Terminal Server

• Version +1.6.1 20 April 2014
    • Advanced startup shutdown option: hold shift when invoking shutdown options
    • Fixed: top edge could be wrongly enabled on desktop

• Version +1.5.2 10 January 2014
    • Flyout menus use menu font, start menu selection and look better with high DPI
    • Updated translations

• Version +1.5.1 25 December 2013
    • Start Menu is responsive at all times regardless of Windows disk icon cache
    • Bottom-left screen edge changed:
    • * It's possible again to use both new start button and bottom-left hot corner when taskbar is on bottom (non-default start button orb has to be used)
    • * On secondary monitors, turn on 'enable all screen edges on secondary monitors' and turn off 'open start menu on active monitor' to use original start button only
    • Fixed: UAC dialog may be invisible with specific UAC settings
    • Fixed: Start button may be absent with specific RDP / monitor login

• Version +1.0.5 8 November 2013
    • Default start button selection covers whole taskbar edge
    • StartIsBack DLLs are now digitally signed too
    • Fixed: running search items with parameters didn't work
    • Fixed: minor issues with right-button-drag on start menu items
    • Fixed: userpic could display wrong on domain-joined machines

• Version +1.0.4 31 October 2013
    • Flat selection is used for flyout menus with flat styles
    • Search shortcut is not shown in All Programs menu
    • Better Modern UI icons in high contrast white mode
    • Tap & hold-ing shut down button on touch screen shuts down without 'slide to shutdown'
    • Trial & updates are also checked when you unlock your session
    • StartIsBackCfg and StartScreen commands can be executed from Run dialog
    • Start button and user picture are rejuvenated when video driver crashes (CloverTrail)
    • Fixed: can't remove pinned shortcuts of deleted games
    • Fixed: programs can't be dragged into start menu from XP styled All programs
    • Fixed: start button did not close start menu on touchscreen

• Version +1.0.3 26 October 2013
    • Fixed: return to last used environment didn't work properly in some configurations
    • Fixed: start menu issues with NVIDIA surround
    • Fixed: high contrast theme became transparent
    • Fixed: wallpaper on start screen could be shifted

• Version +1.0.2 21 October 2013
    • Updated and new translations
    • 'Resize to fit taskbar' when adding orb is off by default
    • Fixed: PuTTY jumplist issue
    • Fixed: uninstall folder security bug
    • Fixed: Start screen screenshot could be offset
    • Fixed: Start screen animation did not play first time

• Version +1.0.1 16 October 2013
    • Support for Win7 userpic animation tweaking
    • Fixed configurator error on some rare PCs species

• Version +1.0 10 October 2013
    • First public StartIsBack for Windows 8.1 version. Read what it brings.
    Business -
    StartIsBack Business Edition license

If you want to use StartIsBack at business environment, you should buy Business License. StartIsBack is perfectly suited for corporate use: 100% compatible with all Windows 7 start menu group policies and settings + has additional group policies which will help you restrict features as well as customize appearance. Additional features provided by Business License

• Offline license activation (Only licenses for 1000PC and up).
    • Priority e-mail support.
    Business Edition License Agreement Mini-FAQ

Does Business license requires downloading special version? No. Currently, Business license key is applicable to standard StartIsBack version you download. Can I split, resell my license key? No. You can't resell, split, sublicense, lease or rent your license key. You may want to resell Personal Edition instead. How do I proceed with offline activation? Offline activation is possible with StartIsBack+ version 1.7.5 and later and only available to license keys for 1000PC or more. To use it, either:
    • Prepare OS image with StartIsBack+ installed and activated online; such image won't be tied to hardware, or
    • Save activation response when using 'Activate by web browser' request and use it on another PC, or
    • Contact support
    Buy StartIsBack Business Edition

You should receive license key to your Paypal buyer e-mail address in several minutes after payment. Please check your spam folder. If you don't receive email in reasonable time, please contact me [COLOR=44444]Sorry, but there are no alternate payment methods now. [/COLOR]
    Buy Startisback personal -
    Buy StartIsBack Personal Edition

You can easily buy StartIsBack license with PayPal or direct card payment (with Gumroad). All payments are processed securely. Please try alternate payment methods

[​IMG]
    direct card payment You should receive license key to your buyer e-mail address in several minutes after payment. If possible, do not use @aol mailboxes. Please check your spam folder. If you don't receive email in reasonable time, please try resending your license key StartIsBack Personal License can be used only for personal purposes. You must agree to be bound by terms of license agreement. If you're a visual styles (skins) creator and intend to make visual styles for Windows 8 with Start Menu skinned, or you want to promote StartIsBack with review, you can get StartIsBack license key for free. Contact me.
    Support- Query license information

General support;
    If you have lost or never received your license key, use the form below. Your purchase email:

If you have licensing or urgent support questions, please email me to [​IMG]

StartIsBack release discussion thread

StartIsBack+ release discussion thread

General community forum

Final details
    ---------------

To participate in this contest for Startisback personal-

1. You have to be a registered member on our forum.

• You must use your real IP address to enter the giveaway/contest.
    • If you enter the giveaway using a proxy or VPN we will assume that you've other account/s hence, Your entry will not be counted and You Will Be Disqualified.
    • The participants are advised to temporarily stop the proxy or vpn services if you're using it, while posting your entry here.
    • I reserve the right to change the rule if it is needed at any time during the contest time.
    • One post per one user is allowed.
    • Please avoid posting here if you don't need it & stop debating in this thread.
    • The contestant/s are requested to note down the start and end date of this contest to avoid future inconvenience.
    • Read the original post thoroughly as it contains all the information necessary to post a valid entry.
    • Those entries not meeting the giveaway requirements will not be considered valid and will be omitted.

2. This contest starts from 30th. July. and will end on 10th. Aug.2015 Winners will be randomly selected using RANDOM.ORG on 10th. Aug. 2015 all time is GMT+5.30.

• The winner/s will respond to the winning PM within 4 days (96 hours) or the win will be void.

If you agree with the terms & conditions written above, you're welcome!

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Sid.

There are 51 participants in this thread;
    1.toffee
    2.s1ave77
    3. Techiekid
    4.coleoptere2007
    5.greenfoo
    6.Chibi ANUBIS
    7.apologized
    8.Tito
    9.lasseska
    10. Palladin
    11. aopa
    12.ajemsasa
    13.wk-952
    14.Cipher
    15.GoLLuM13
    16.pepinek
    17.acetone802000
    18.icebits
    19.KenanK
    20.donkeymand
    21.darkmustang
    22.maxb2000
    23.abbodi1406
    24.simir
    25.mmtrt
    26.Zamber
    27.skyfighter84
    28.Freeman_0406
    29.bulldog147
    30.Inge
    31.AzTec
    32.muggles
    33.kbman
    34.venu
    35.byul
    36. Mohammadwasi7861
    37.wazer
    38.zen45
    39.jasoos
    40.Mr.X
    41.aldente
    42.ppu
    43.urie
    44.LastWords
    45.Bio Hazard
    46.gearxxx
    47.warfab
    48. drnoellyg
    49.l30
    50.sibax
    51. coolstar
    The winners are;
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    This contest is live now.
    GOOD LUCK!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. toffee

toffee MDL Senior Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Thank you for the giveaway! Count me in! ;)

4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Count the dog in please.

What an amazing offer, thanks sid_16 and Mr. Tihiy :worthy:.

Would like to give Thanks, but it's disabled atm :hmm:.

5. Techiekid

Techiekid MDL Member

Nov 3, 2009
    :clap: , I'm in too, pretty deep on this one. Thank you Sid as always!

6. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    count me in and thanks fot the offer :cool:

7. greenfoo

greenfoo MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2009
    Please count me in... Thanks!

8. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
    Count me in also my friend ! :D Thanks for all !

9. apologized

apologized MDL Addicted

Nov 29, 2012
    count me in :D

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Count me too :)

11. lgj1952

lgj1952 MDL Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Please count me in... Thanks!

12. Palladin

Palladin MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2014
    I'd like to enter the contest.

13. aopa

aopa MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2012
    count me in and thanks.

14. ajemsasa

ajemsasa MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2013
    Thank you for the giveaway! Count me in! :smoking:

15. wk-952

wk-952 MDL Member

Sep 2, 2012
    This is amazing!
    Please count me in as well,
    Thank you so much Sid.

16. Cipher

Cipher MDL Member

May 31, 2008
    #16 Cipher, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    Why not, add me to the SiB draw please.

17. GoLLuM13

GoLLuM13 MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2012
    #17 GoLLuM13, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    You can count the hobbit in (me) :rolleyes:

Thank you for this contest :tasty:

( By the way I tried it times ago, and it's by far the best app for a start menu ;) )

18. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I don't use the start menu, but I just wanted to thank the SiB ppl for this nice gesture.

19. pepinek

pepinek MDL Junior Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Please count me in. Thanks.

20. acetone802000

acetone802000 MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    Thank you very much !

I hate the start menu of windows 8