A simple program to check HDD Health

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by RokkumanX, Jul 2, 2021.

1. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Awesome Pl keep it UP :)

[Credits are always yours & pleasure remain always mine]

3. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
    Or open command prompt and write

1. Type the following command to determine if the hard drive is failing and press Enter: wmic diskdrive get status
    2. If ok status are Good !.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    You could do that but I don't really see the fun in it.

The programs/tools I make might not be the most complex in the world but they give me a form of satisfaction of learning something.

You can always take the easy way out but I believe great things start from something small.

This might aspire me to make even greater and complex tools, who knows?

5. maddogster

maddogster MDL Senior Member

Mar 23, 2015
    how does warranty service work when software programs like crystaldiskinfo and hard disk sentinel show 0% remaining life or whatever that % means on ssd but physical health still no errors? anyone tried to get replacement before warranty ends based on results of these 2 programs even though HP hardware diagnostics shows no errors

6. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
  7. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    GUI call batch script to run simple command
    alien comes today to destroy our world for sure :eek:

8. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    Recently had a HDD issue leading me to believe that the drive was failing
    Managed to get all my Data transferred to another HDD (Lucky Me, or so I thought)

Ran Disk Drill and lo and behold, it reported the the drive I thought was failing was perfectly ok
    however, it reported the drive I had my Data transferred to, as heading for catastrophic failure

Just downloaded an ran your version 2 utility and IT states that both drives are ok, and more importantly no predicted failure

Who/what to believe?

9. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020