Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (formerly Acronis True Image) activation

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by nova-s, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Not sure what the "fresch" discussion above is all about, just wanted to mention I checked the "Boerse" forum again, and Ash-P confirms my previous (deleted) post that the serial included in the "readme.txt" (or raedme) was not correct.
    However, the serial included in the patch itself (which I did not test) was correct, and I just confirmed it working (remember, I use the PE stuff only).
    Ash-P also confirmed the "unknown" patcher exe seems to do exactly the same thing as Nova-s' activator, so I'm sure it's possible to make a new patcher that works exactly as what we've gotten used to.
    It looks like the patcher can be opened with 7-zip (open inside), so no need to run an unknown .exe. I believe the modified .dll is there as a standard resource file, but I will look into that later.
    For now, I will wait a bit longer to see if Nova-s returns, if not, I'm sure other solutions will surface.

2. Leporello

Leporello MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2010
    I fully agree. I tried that activator on a secured system. The MS Defender doesn't like it (but no wonder). But I didn't find anything suspicious in it. For this version it is a nice solution for all being eager to have AT2020 running for what reason ever....

3. TECHNOMAN

TECHNOMAN MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Anyone wishing to purchase the genuine Acronis True Image 2020

PM :For 50% Discount Code

Works for new Purchase or Upgrade

Can confirm works on Acronis Us & Uk Sites & maybe More

4. Piet12

Piet12 MDL Novice

May 3, 2014
    " I made a modded activator from nova-s, it should works on 24.3.1.20770. "....................is it multilang or chinese ?
    And does it 100% work ??
    Removing Acronis ( totally !) is one of the most difficult jobs I ever had..........! :confused:

5. skyteddy

skyteddy MDL Senior Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Piet12

Piet12 MDL Novice

May 3, 2014
    Yes, used it also on Win10 , after this "cleaning" my ( Windows) backup/restore did not function anymore , totally broken ...!
    Had to remove it manually , incl. almost all Acronis files and reg.keys.......:(
    Only used T&D , so had to install the whole ( bloated !) program , more then 1GB !

7. skyteddy

Dec 22, 2009
    Which program?

This is usually done by the Clenup program and does not have to be done by hand! May some security program has blocked the cleanup program in its work.

I use Acronis only from the booted media (CD, USB-stick, network) and it works pretty good.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Piet12

Piet12 MDL Novice

May 3, 2014
    " I use Acronis only from the booted media (CD, USB-stick, network) and it works pretty good."................yes, using it for second choise ( Macrium is my absolute favorit !) , except T&D the rest of the whole program is useless .
    Uninstalled , won 1,2GB , so my Win10 runs faster ( without the bloat , and the seven services) , even my backups are faster made !!

9. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Hey Piet Verdriet,
    Thanks for reminding me why I strictly use use Acronis in its PE guise only (73mb for x64). It even runs (semi-) portable (but we will not go into that again)..
    Why in the name of Piet anybody would use disk imagers other than this "cold" PE way, is something I will never understand.

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #830 Yen, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    The MDL Projects and Application forum is a MDL section where a particular developer / programmer gets an own thread to support his project. Parts of this section are available for members only and not visible for visitors. Links aren't either way.

In the year 2014 nova-s asked for approval to post a POC with detailed instructions and that time we could allow that.

This thread is reserved for him as long as we can let run this thread. During time there were no problems.
    MDL is no warez focused site and this is about how to and not how can I get anything for free.
    We already allowed anything we could by letting him post his POC.

Also security is an important matter. You know we only allow original ISOs when it comes to windows and no homemade ISOs.
    This thread has no place for just posting alternative activators or activators made by someone else. It is nova-s's thread and there will be no other one.

We are waiting until he gives a statement about the future of his thread.
    Should people continue to post links to foreign activators we will close it until further notice.

11. jcc2

jcc2 MDL Member

Mar 23, 2010
    My 2 cents.... Nova-s activator never received a "complain" from MS Defender or any other AV. This "new" activator does... So what gives?

Stay safe,

JCC2

12. Piet12

Piet12 MDL Novice

May 3, 2014
    Looks like Master nova-s wont help us anymore , only using the boot-CD and Shadow Defender in stead of T&D , so uninstalled my Acronis 2019 completely............! :D

13. Leporello

Leporello MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2010
    Well, you are totally right. I preferred Nova-s files all the time due to their transparency. On the other hand, after the BEST solution always a 2nd best one is existing. And the defender complains many things distributed in this forum. ;). We all know that, know the reason and how to proceed.
    Anyway, lets wait an little while longer for Nova-s return ...... :eek:

14. Piet12

Piet12 MDL Novice

May 3, 2014
    I wont wait anymore , my system runs faster and smoother then ever , less bloated , less "services"...........hurray !! :Lighten:

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I'll have a look myself at the current patch.
    While we are waiting for nova-s I think about a temporary transparent solution....

16. Piet12

Piet12 MDL Novice

May 3, 2014
    " a temporary transparent solution "....................??

17. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Patch exposed for especially ATIH 2020 Build 20770 so everybody knows what is patched. As post additionally until OP can respond.
    It seems three files need to be patched. Conditional jumps to unconditional. A MDL member PM'ed me with powershell script that does the patch I just need to check the patch itself if it's done the same way.

18. skyteddy

Dec 22, 2009
    In my humble opinion: Nobody is looking here for another patcher (whether powershell of a exe-file), there are enough of them already. The people here wants the original.

I'd like you to take a closer look at the deleted post from user sst311212. He's the only one and added the current build to nova-s Activator, exactly as nova-s would have done. Maybe you can investigate this modification and provide it as a temporary solution? I think that would be more in the spirit of nova-s.

The only things are missing in the activator is the documentation (readme2020.txt and readmich2020.txt). I could provide it for you, if you like.

PS: Please could you check the links (to datafilehost.com) in post 1, section history to the old activators. You no longer get the activators, but always a virus in the form of an exe file.

19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #839 Yen, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    By comparison of original to patched files I could check if the patch is clean. It is clean.
    People could patch those files by themselves just using a hex editor and can apply the reg changes manually.

I also can check if a powershell script is clean and does exactly that what is wanted. No virus, no malware inside.

The 'original' nova-s patcher will be left untouched without his agreement, it is his project. Furthermore it would be harder to check what is added.

A separate solution until he comes back for the latest version is all we can have here atm.
    The result should be a clean and transparent modification.
    If people should not trust it they still can apply the hex byte modification completely on their own, everything is exposed.

20. skyteddy

Dec 22, 2009
    Ok

Its only an extension to the well-thought-out batch-script of nova-s and the modified files. Easy to check. The batch is what you rebuild now in a new powershell-script.

Ok, you are the admin