Add Multilingual Support to Windows 10 Distribution - automated batch script

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by abbodi1406, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Dissidius

Dissidius MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2015
    How do you get oobe in multiple languages without Sysprep-ing after servicing an offline image and deploying it?
    i only get the choice of languages post sysprep not on a clean install

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    You have to stop Windows from cleaning up unused languages "Block Clean Up Installed Languages" before syspreping.

When you service offline byt using this script you clearly can use available languages in setup/windows (as long as its not asian they need to be added to language list using PS)

3. Dissidius

Dissidius MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2015
    #563 Dissidius, Jun 24, 2022 at 18:04
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022 at 20:25
    did this, but the 1903/1909 Inbox apps didn't work none of them
    in audit mode no inbox apps showed up before sysprep
    after sysprep
    all Inbox Apps showed for every language but they where all 0KB in Windows Settings and they didn't open
    tried reservicing them Online just for testing, uninstalled all of them , reserviced them again same behavior
    tried servicing Online with 20H2 Inbox Apps some errors for packages not present in 1909 showed up but the store started working
    and Everything was updated from there and so every other inbox app started working
    i willl try to offline service 20H2 Inbox apps at this point and see the results
    should there be any issues if it "looks" like everything is ok?
    Or i simply shouldn't mess at all with Inbox Apps? will they get updated in the correct language from the Store if i choose another language but the original during oobe ?
    Any ideas? Cheers

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    You would have to update apps in Store after changing language. Then they would change language.
    I think you're doing something off.. Versions must match and script must be adjusted to your needs/paths.