Anyone leave Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by GOD666, Dec 18, 2016.

1. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Has anyone here left Windows 10? I've recently decided to go back to Windows 7 after using Windows 8 for a few years and trying Windows 10 for a year; I find myself using Windows 7 more and more.

I think I finally gave up trying to make Windows 10 something it's clearly never going to be for me. And while Windows 10 was better than 8, I just seem to think Windows 7 is all I really need.

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yeah we needed another "bash" on win 10 thread.....

3. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Not my intention. I do think Windows 10 shows promise and I'm not trying to hate on it either. I'm just curious if anyone other than myself, decided that after truly giving it a real try... Decided that perhaps it wasn't working for them. As opposed to the many folks who tried it for like a day, then gave up on it.

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    It is your right to decide for themselves, I would not. There is no reason.Moreover, Windows 7 is already more than a year, as the horrors of a dream.
    Do not update often can not find any of them, but constantly seeking, etc.
    And I will not take it from the ceiling, I have one. This is a personal experience.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I have been on Windows 10 since it first came out in beta. It has done nothing but get better in my opinion. I would never go back.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Netbanshee

Netbanshee MDL Junior Member

Dec 26, 2009
    I believe it's a matter of what works best for you. I use 10, 7, XP, DOS, and Linux. I like 'em all. Yes I dumped all of them more than once.:biggrin:

7. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    On my computer I have

1. Windows XP
    2. Windows 7
    3. Windows 10
    4. Linux

I use more than one OS for various reasons, but I seem to always return to Windows 7 as of lately. I agree we all use what we each feel is best for ourselves. ;)

8. mdlgaofei

mdlgaofei MDL Member

Dec 2, 2015
    #8 mdlgaofei, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    I think virtual machine is better. Viruses will attack your computer and malware will scan your hard disk or search your process. Virtual machine doesn't allow viruses and malware invade the host OS

9. vuze4u

vuze4u MDL Member

Apr 24, 2010
    I'm still on Win10 for now but it is my new year resolution to go back to Win7 for another year or 2. I spent time trying to tune and like Win10 since 10240 and i think i just had enough of it, also no reason to use 10 on this limited specs laptop only to further crippling the performance.

However i will always keep track of Win10 progress including optimizations and go back to it some years later on more fitted, viable time.

10. dobbelina

dobbelina MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    What surprised me with Win 10 is that it wasn't noticeably resource hungrier than 7, that always was the norm in the past when you upgraded your system.
    I'm actually seeing a performance boost.
    Even an oddball 2 gb ram machine i upgraded is faster.
    Probably better memory management.

With that said, if i had to return to 7, it wouldn't bother me a bit ;)

11. maverick09

maverick09 MDL Junior Member

May 30, 2012
    Never back, I leave Win 8.1, and now I use Win 10 LTSB 2016 32-bit in my PC & Win 10 Enterprise 64-bit in laptop ;)

12. karthikimf

karthikimf MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2016
    Windows 10 is good so far as the only concern will be the telemetry stuff which can be disabled. Many new features are available and it is very good.. But still sometimes buggy which will be stable in coming years..:rolleyes:

13. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    In my opinion windows 10 is the new windows 7 we had windows 8 / 8.1 that I realy did not like summed up if you remove some stuff in 10 You end up with an good OS ;)

14. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    It depends on how you use computers.

Personally, I
    - don't use, and will never use, Microsoft Accounts;
    - don't use any clouds;
    - don't like forced Telemetry, opt-in Telemetry (with a few benefits for the user) would be OK;
    - want to have, as advanced user, full control over Updates;
    - like customization. I want more options, not less. I'm not a dumb hipster, MS;
    - last, but not least, want to have the OS the way that I like it, without having to resort to hacking it to the moon and back.
    To a user like me, Windows 10 essentially offers no advantage over Windows 7.

So, MS, offer a basic Windows 10 OS for the Windows 7 die-hards (How does Windows 9¾ sound?). Most don't mind the Store or the new modern platform, but, please, do not try to replace good working components with less functional eye-candy. The magic word is "choice".
    Offer opt-in Telemetry for those wanting to help, reward them with benefits.
    Offer purchasable additional modules with new features for users that need and want it.
    Don't take away customization. Those who do not want it, simply ignore it.
    Then you might get almost everyone aboard.

Just my 0.02€

15. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    Here I use W10 x64 NTSB. Windows is good but ugly compared with 7, wich I cannot easy use because of the lack of drivers and my laptop manufacturer support.On the phone,of course, Windows it seems to be beautyfull-my opinion.:eek:

16. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    I'm using Windows 10, but sometimes I thought back to windows 8.1 because some windows apps didn't work good or I didn't find them in store anymore.

17. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Personally, I jumped directly from XP into 10 when I had to change computers. My first reaction was near despair. My second an attempt to get back to XP, but it wasn’t easy, as new hardware doesn’t work well with it, so I gave it up.

Six months later, I’ve got used to 10 and got it adjusted to my preferences. But I’m still not sure it’s better than XP overall. Especially its File Explorer lacks important features like showing folder size directly or being able to arrange files in any arbitrary sequence. The new Photos app also has weaknesses compared to XP’s Photo Viewer. I add that the UAC is just an unnecessary nuisance to me. In most other respects, 10 it is superior to XP.

So I stick to it and hope future updates will remove its disadvantages.

18. Gharlane00

Gharlane00 MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2009
    There seems to be several distinct groups that find Windows 10 unsatisfactory. Group 1 has some favorite or legacy app that does not run correctly or at all on 10. Group 2 tends to have 1 or more pieces of "old" hardware that has no working drivers or simply is flaky on 10. Group 3 is the tin foil hat crowd who believe that Windows 10 is reading and transmitting their thoughts and keystrokes to any number of nefarious organizations.

Most if not all of these groups have every right to switch back. Given the dark turn that the "democratic" countries are taking, it might make sense for everyone to switch to a less nosy environment.

19. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    I am testing w10, removals, tweaking, general use etc. I am definitely group 3 tin foil hatter so i will NEVER have a working w10 pc connected to the internet, it will ALWAYS be a stand alone machine, and that suits my needs perfectly. :)

20. hb860

hb860 MDL Expert

May 7, 2010
    I have Win10 on my real PC. But i never use it. Never boot it.
    I use a tweaked Windows 7 instance for my small Windows needs.
    I switched to Linux many time ago (started playing with Linux when Vista was in the beta stage). Most time I use Linux.
    For my Windows 10 findings, tweaks and so on, I am using 6 virtual machines with Windows 10.
    So it can be considered as leaving. Count me in.