Can not install windows 11 on my laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by jineso, Oct 9, 2021.

1. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Try this when watching a video: click on the "Subtitles/closed captions" icon at the bottom of the video to turn on subtitles. Then click the "Settings" icon, then "Subtitles/CC" and set it to "Auto-translate". Then you can choose Thai or whatever language you want for the subtitles to help understand things better.

2. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    I wish they would make the auto-translate option more obvious than they do. I found out about it completely by accident and had never heard about it from someone else.

3. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    #43 PointZero, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2022

4. jineso

jineso MDL Member

Oct 8, 2021
    #44 jineso, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    (OP)
    I use this feature to do not only display the English subtitle of the video, but I go step further and what ever the language of the video, I choose display the English or the enabled language and then choose to translate it to my own local language, and I tried this method with many videos and the level of translation is extremely good.
    1. war1.png

2. war2.png
    3. war3.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    @PointZero:

I don't have any problem with the translation etc, what I'm complaining about is that very speedy talking! For a non-native speaker, it's very difficult to follow up on what it is all about! And if those speakers also using some slang, it's much more difficult!

Personally, I speak a few languages, just of some older accidents, I've quite some problems with listening, special if the spoken words are very fast. I communicate mainly in three languages daily!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...