[Contest 10 licenses] WinRAR V.5.20 Latest!

Discussion in 'Giveaways and Contests' started by sid_16, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    eh you cant leave until I get my license to gift to you lol

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    when you put yourself out into the public eye with anything at all, you are bound to get feedback, both good and bad. Regardless of how well or how bad something is done or said. If you enjoy what you are doing, continue doing it and let some of the negative thicken the skin a bit. In the end you will be a better person for it. If you don't really like doing what you are doing, then stop doing it and find something else that you enjoy doing. Personally, I like seeing how your contests turn out.

There will always be hate and discontent in everything, but also gratitude and contentment. Focusing only on the negative side of things will leave you disgruntled and unhappy. Try to remember it is the negative that reminds us of why the positive is important, and that is what keeps us striving for more. Cannot have one without the other.

3. user_hidden

user_hidden MDL Expert

Dec 18, 2007

no not at all, I made a general statement and not pointed towards anyone in particular.

I understand sid_16's point of view.
    I have much to share but .......

4. Threat

Threat Lord of the Files

Feb 23, 2014
    But what?

Share, or share not...:bruce_h4h:

5. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    #65 Dark Knight, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    Let me clarify here because I feel I started this.

First, I feel no discontent because I did not win, I own a copy of WinRAR, had I won a copy, it was going to go to my wife.

Second, let me point out the rules which are still posted on the first page, take note of the very first rule ....
    At 10:03 am this morning, after the contest had already ended, sid posted ......
    These are his words .... not mine, notice he said "I've", not "we", not "I and RARLabs" but I've ... singular.
    Then just a little more than an hour later posted the winners, which probably would have been sooner if there had not been trouble with the randomizer site. He left no time for anyone to respond or give feedback on the matter, had he done so I'm sure there would have been lots. He gave no reason as to why he made the decision and now he seems to be passing blame on RARLabs not getting enough likes on their FB page, well .... this was not part of the rules, had it been I'm sure they would have gotten the likes required.

The rules were stated and still stand on page one of the contest, I simply pointed it out. I know we all enjoy these contests but rules are rules and one cannot just change them at will to suite their needs, if the rules needed to be changed then the contest should have been stopped, new rules posted and then re started, this is no way personal against sid but what's fair is fair.

I do however stand by my previous comment tho, three people who joined with the express reason of this contest have won a free license to WinRAR and out of those three I guarantee that at least two will never be heard from here again, these are licenses that could and should have gone to contributing members here at MDL with a post count of 50 or more.

I'm sorry, but it is what it is, it is safe to say that others that entered this contest more than likely feel the same way but will not or are not speaking up, so I did.

Personally, if it were me, I'd remove the three people who did not qualify for the contest and all others who did not qualify for the contest from the contestant list and re randomize three more winners, but, that's just me.

Sid, If your going to hold a contest and create rules for that contest then stand by those rules .... 'nough said, no reason to go dark, no reason to sulk, own up to it, correct the matter and move on. We all like and appreciate you arranging these contests, without them we'd all have to pay for these software's.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leebo_28

leebo_28 MDL Senior Member

Jun 12, 2011
    I signed up to win..I didn't win..and I'm glad "he" changed the rules to allow everybody a chance. And I hope "he" continues to go out of "his" way to bring us more free software! Thanks sid_16 for all your hard work.

7. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Now what should I do?
    To re-randomize the lists and eliminate the invalid entry?
    My question;
    Why in the 1st place people entered to this contest without reading the rule?

The 3 'winners' are ...
    23. vasogeek --------- 3rd. Jan 2015 posts 6
    10.2!<15------4th.Jan 2015 posts 12
    4. Techiekid----4th.Nov 2009.posts 47
    Their posts and joined date didn't met the rule except Techiekid though his post count are low, he is an old member.

Vote --- yes to re-randomize.
    Vote--- no to leave it as it is.
    The majority votes will decide what will be done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    no to leave it as it is

man, why this got to be so complicated? Leave things just as they are now, just move on IMAO :D

9. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    It is not that complicated but some had made it complicated. I had decided to lift the restriction say 3/4 days before the contest ended in the chat box with Forever and SlimRock and some other/s.

10. Forever

Forever Guest

#70 Forever, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
    @sid_16 As Threat said it was all positive criticism. and shud be taken in that way only
    nobody would want you to stop these giveaway suddenly.
    even i like them....
    it's not about the license but rules/principles.
    but here is a point, leave aside this giveaway, i have no problems with how you have conducted your giveaway.

@all let's take this as a chance and provide our feedback in Member's suggestion and what the rules should be like, so that all are happy.
    u see sid also has to please the vendors which want huge participation....
    so let's help him...i will be posting my suggestion, waiting for you all :zwinker:

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/58909-Member-s-suggestion-for-giveaway-and-contest!

11. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    #71 Dark Knight, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    Sid, it is what it is, leave it be and move on.

All I was saying is that in the future if you make the rules and put them in writing that you abide by them.
    As the person running the contest it's your responsibility to weed through the invalid entries, you know as well as I do in a contest a lot of people do not read, all they know is that they want something for nothing.
    Making a decision in the chat box with a few others does not make what happened right and being as you did not announce your decision in the thread until after the contest ended just made it worse, that's when it became "complicated", so lets be frank about it and skip the generality talk and get down to it, it's not "some others" that made it complicated, it's me, because I raised the radar instead of keeping my mouth shut, because I believe in playing by the rules, whether I win OR lose, that's why it's called a contest, because there are rules associated with it.
    The decision should have been put to the thread as a whole and time given to all that entered time to respond, then a decision made.

Not all of us read the chat box and there are those of us that could care less about it and pay no attention at all to it.

12. GezoeSloog

GezoeSloog knows a guy, who knows another guy.

Feb 10, 2012
    Like in sport give the prizes to #11, #12 & #14 :huh:

13. Threat

Threat Lord of the Files

Feb 23, 2014
    Leave it as is now, just going forward decide thr rules at the start and stick to whatever you decide.

If there is a need to changd the criteria in a future competition extend the close date to give the newly elegeble people a chance to apply

14. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Count me in too...Thanks in advanced.

15. LastWords

LastWords MDL Member

Aug 29, 2013
    :biggrin::worthy:sir, all licences are yours now..

16. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
    39 ! It's getting worse and worse ... :flag:

17. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
  18. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    nima1024 You have 24 hours to respond to the winning PM, failed to do so within that time will void your 'win' and a new winner will be chosen from the list.

19. nima1024

nima1024 MDL Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Sorry for the delay,
    I have sent you a PM.

Thank you so much.

20. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    All the '10 winners lists' submitted to the RARLAB for licenses preparation and hope you all will get the licenses within 4/5 days.

Note; Please have faith in me for providing your personal information and I just submitted them to the RARLAB as per their instruction written in the very 1st.post of this thread and will never disclosed it in public.

Thanks for your cooperation in taking part in all the contests held at MDL and having faith in me,
    Good bye to you all.:bye2: