Creator's Update's GAME-functions are SINISTER and non-removable!

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MonarchX, May 17, 2017.

1. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    Microsoft has to know that this game mode crap hurts gaming performance which is why I switched to 2016 LTSB on my gaming machine to keep things simple. They must have ulterior motives. Anyone have any insights as to what these motives might be?

2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. x58haze

x58haze MDL Junior Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Thats why it is better to stay under windows 10 1607 anniversary, by itself windows 10 creator 1703 SUCKS
    You can clearly see how many glitches it has in DESKTOP, when moving icons to corners, etc,etc.

4. hunzhang

hunzhang MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    ntlite can remove the xbox s**t more thoroughly

5. hotwire

hotwire MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2017
    #45 hotwire, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    My two cents:

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\gameDVR]
    "AllowgameDVR"=dword:00000000
    It didn't work on my machine. Might require a restart.

6. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Hardware sales.

Previously, Microsoft would push up the system requirement with every new release, which would drive hardware sales. This has been true since Windows 95 (1995) all the way through to Windows 8. But with Windows 10, Microsoft could not just simply push hard against older hardware since they wanted even the more stubborn Windows 7 users to adapt. Microsoft had previously been fighting off Windows XP for nearly a decade with folks refusing to upgrade and Windows 7 was still gaining market share even though Windows 8 and 8.1 had also been around for nearly a decade. So while XP users were finally in decline, Windows 7 was still gaining ground, and they did not want to fight another battle. Microsoft needed a means to bring Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users all into the fold at once.

This, of course, included the free upgrade to Windows 10 and to do so, meant lowering their expectations concerning hardware support. Windows 10 started off optimized for a reason and while we would all like to believe that reason was simply good programming, it likely also had to do with the fact that Windows 7 and even early Windows 8 computers sitting in people's homes were not going to be the latest or greatest models. Indeed, with the free release of Windows 10, hardware sales remained less than impressive, as opposed to previous releases of Windows.

Microsoft could not just jump the gun and raise the stakes, they needed to wait for everyone to adapt to Windows 10 and for Windows 10 to be considered the "norm" in both consumer usage and system requirements. With every new rolling release of Windows 10, expect performance to be an issue, and as you can imagine, hardware sales are now slowly on the rise.

7. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    progam is a rip off though and you can't backup and restore a license, even though it says you can, it never worked for me, kept asking to activate..i ended up getting a refund.

8. hunzhang

hunzhang MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    offline image editing is free

9. rlc

rlc MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2010
    Changing Windows License and Key to a 'N' version or LTSB version could stop game thing. I don't see this running on Enterprise N/GN/SN.

10. slackeritguy

slackeritguy MDL Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Education N (1709) seems to come without any of the XBOX stuff installed.

It doesn't even have the Gaming tab over at Windows Settings (unless I'm missing something).

11. Grywald

Grywald MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2014
    I will need to check that.
    Code:
    Dism /Image:D:\IsoWindows10 /Get-CurrentEdition
    The result was Education and nothing has TargetEditions (that's strange).... Despict the fact it's a multi-edition.
    So I can't convert and I will need to download another .iso (unless it's after the installation ?)

A long time ago, I had undertsand why my game refuse to work fine nearly to the end.
    The cause was this edition (called N) of Windows. After the installation (probably WMP, etc), the game never met a crash again.
    I don't have a clue on this matter. So I ignore which games are affected by the same way. After that I had decide to move to a normal (Windows10 LTSB)

12. Attedz

Attedz MDL Novice

May 2, 2018
    #52 Attedz, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    @MonarchX
    I know that this is old thread but I found way to terminate Windows.Gaming.Input.dll from running in the system.

You need to unload Windows.Gaming.Input.dll via Process Hacker from dwm.exe. You can't delete the file because then the Windows won't load correctly at the next boot because Windows.Gaming.Input.dll also handles other tasks than the input of gamepads.

You can unload by opening Process Hacker as administrator and then going to dwm.exe process and finding "Modules" and then find Windows.Gaming.Input.dll and select "Unload". Now Windows.Gaming.Input.dll will not be used, but at the next system boot it will restart again. Now we just need some kind of automated way that do this at every boot.

Also I found even more sinister files. They are \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\GameDVR_GameListRefresh and \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\GameDVR_GameBarInitComplete objects. You can inspect them with WinObj or WinObjEx64. I don't know way to delete them because if you deny SYSTEM access to the object with WinObjEx64 then Windows will restore the object permissions at the next boot.

EDIT: Seems that GameDVR_GameListRefresh and GameDVR_GameBarInitComplete objects only exits on Windows 10 1511 version.

13. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Windows.Gaming.Input.dll - does it do anything other than enable gamepad functions? When I try to unload it, it re-loads 5 seconds later, along with DWM.

14. Attedz

Attedz MDL Novice

May 2, 2018
    For me it doesn't reload back. It seems to handle graphical things like desktop etc. at boot.

15. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    I deleted that file and didn't get any DWM errors upon rebooting. I also don't have "\Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\GameDVR_GameListRefresh" and "\Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\GameDVR_GameBarInitComplete" anywhere, most likely because NTLite removed that (free version probably removes that part also), and I am on build 1607-14393.

The dll file mentioned is for Store and Windows-platform games.

16. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    #56 RanCorX2, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    You can remove all xbox, overlay, chat, dvr stuff but you must keep Windows.Gaming.Input.dll or you get a black screen at logon.

Windows.Gaming.Preview.dll
    Windows.Gaming.UI.GameBar.dll
    Windows.Gaming.XboxLive.Storage.dll

^ safe to remove

GameBarPresenceWriter.exe
    GameBarPresenceWriter.proxy.dll
    GameChatOverlayExt.dll
    GameChatTranscription.dll
    gamemode.dll
    gamemonitor.dll
    GamePanel.exe
    GamePanelExternalHook.dll
    GameSystemToastIcon.contrast-white.png
    GameSystemToastIcon.png
    gamingtcui.dll

^ safe to remove

as are all the xbox dlls. (files related to the services etc)

only thing i keep is the xb1 controller driver. (the gip dlls in system32 aren't required)

17. scaramonga

scaramonga MDL Senior Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Xbox and Game DVR
    In the PowerShell, type:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *xbox* | Remove-AppxPackage

You can ignore any error that pops up.
    In the command prompt, type:

sc delete XblAuthManager
    sc delete XblGameSave
    sc delete XboxNetApiSvc
    sc delete XboxGipSvc
    reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\xbgm" /f
    schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\XblGameSave\XblGameSaveTask" /disable
    schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\XblGameSave\XblGameSaveTaskLogon" /disable
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR" /v AllowGameDVR /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Additionally, go to Start > Settings > Gaming and turn off everything.

Worked for me :)

18. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    dafuk?

so you buy an os just to have to mess with it so it can function as is was supose to work? wtf microsoft?

is there an way to have hardwareid activation on ltsb?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    This discussion is not allowed on MDL as decided by admin.

20. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    #60 RanCorX2, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Who said anyone purchased it? *cough*

The state that it's in, it should still be free, at the moment it feels like a f2p game. It's still windows, it just needs more tinkering to get it to a usable state for some users, as all the junk it pretty much forced on you from the start.

ads on the lock screen
    games and apps preinstalled that you'll never use
    cortana etc on the taskbar
    the xbox stuff loading in background
    various telemetry background stuff
    apps running in background
    ui tailored to touch users