CSL to Pro

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by JeepWillys58, Sep 8, 2016.

1. JeepWillys58

JeepWillys58 MDL Addicted

Nov 6, 2010
    Dear friends, i have a ACER V5-471 6888 and he has a serial of windows 8 CoreSingleLanguage OEM-DM -H2WYD in the bios, I am trying to install Windows 10 Pro, but I can't activate it, someone could help me and tell me if it is possible to change the serial in the bios?

Thanks in advanced.

Marcelo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #2 PhaseDoubt, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    To be certain I understand your situation, you've successfully installed Windows 10, it's stable and now all what you need to do is activate it? If that's all true, there are many threads on this forum concerning activation methods.

3. JeepWillys58

Nov 6, 2010
    Thanks buddy for your time and for your comment, but I've tried all the methods, but always returns error, :confused:

I think it's related to the serial that is already recorded in the bios, this is why I was wondering if you can change it. :help2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #4 PhaseDoubt, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    OK, gotcha. Well, if all the methods given here have failed, you may have to resort to the Bat.1 fix and buy the license. Better minds here will hopefully have better solutions.

5. ofernandofilo

ofernandofilo MDL Member

Sep 26, 2015
  6. crazyuser

crazyuser MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2016
    just enter into bios and delete all related windows keys, save and exist, boot from dvd and install your disired version of win10

7. JeepWillys58

Nov 6, 2010
    This would be easy if there were any access by the bios to this information, but no, this in it inaccessible part, only using KeyViewer is possible to know this information and there is no way to delete it, only if you could edit your own bios file...

8. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #8 PhaseDoubt, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    What am I missing? Usually when I see this I think getting into CMOS Setup by acting quickly at startup and pressing Esc, F2, Del or some other key specified by the maker. How exactly are you suggesting the OP should "enter into bios"? On every PC I've ever built or bought, the BIOS is outside the influence of the operating system.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The maybe only way to get the Product Key's out of a BIOS is to use to download the BIOS Firmware and use an Editor (HEX-Edit etc.) for to edit and change parts of the BIOS Firmware. Not an easy job at all and a lot of knowledge is needed for to do such!

Honestly, I'd try once to that job to delete a Windows 8 Product Key (CSL) and had to that several times before success, never I'd try in W10! You also need to do that on a different machine then the origin! I used an EEPROM Reader and programmer for that and had copied the original BIOS first to a new EEPROM Chip, to be sure that I still had the original in case of problems.

10. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #10 PhaseDoubt, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    I was thinking it would take an edit of the BIOS file itself. But that seems to be a vastly more tedious operation than a simple "enter the bios" statement suggests. If the OP was asking for comments on the use of a HEX editor then this would be a spot on tactic.

I still think crazyuser might want to expand on his comment in order to help the OP.

11. crazyuser

crazyuser MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2016

Delete secure boot and related options, to install other win versions.

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That will work if you insert a PID.txt file in Sources Folder of the ISO file, and maybe add an ei.cfg file as well. Just use to disable Secure and Fast Boot in BIOS alone will not help, AFAIK! But that will not prevent to 'jump' back if an other untouched ISO is used later on. The only way to bypass that forever is the modification of the BIOS Firmware.

Again, to change/edit the BIOS Firmware is a very dangerous task and has to be done with big caution!

13. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    You need to be a little bit more forthcoming. I know how to turn off secure boot, but how do you delete it? And what exactly are "related options"? Fast boot?