Custom Policies Set

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Thomas Dubreuil, Oct 13, 2018.

1. xepher

xepher MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2012
    Don't work in Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC.

2. Thomas Dubreuil

Thomas Dubreuil MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2017
    Ah sorry I may have set the wrong caption...I have it uninstalled now, was sure it was Enterprise S !
    Can you (or someone) tell me what the command :
    wmic os get caption
    reports on LTSC?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Are you sure about the space between Enterprise and the S? Shouldn't it be EnterpriseS (and SN for N)?

4. Thomas Dubreuil

Aug 29, 2017
    ah...I think you're right :D Just a "space" problem then...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Thomas Dubreuil

Aug 29, 2017
    #25 Thomas Dubreuil, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    (OP)
    Should be fixed now...at line 28 Enterprise S should have been Enterprise LTSC (or LTSC)

6. Great job on the post! Looks like I will be using this once I get my LTSC up and running. Just a couple of questions as I'm not the best when working with Registry and GPedit.

What is FireFox Policies? Can you elaborate more on what is being "optimized" in regitry and services? I seem to understand the Group Policies and Power management part of the tweaks. Are some of these optimizing tweaks the same as shutup10? Can I use ShutUp10 with your tweaks/ltsc/server?

Thanks in advance, you did a good job!

7. Thomas Dubreuil

Aug 29, 2017
  8. Worlock

Worlock MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2019
  9. Thomas Dubreuil

Aug 29, 2017
    #30 Thomas Dubreuil, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    (OP)
  10. Worlock

Worlock MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2019
    Thanks for the info. Looks awesome! Do we need to enable any scheduled tasks to make sure settings are reverted? The Win10block suggested running a scheduled task as login. Is there any type re-apply automation in case something gets reset or changed?

11. Thomas Dubreuil

Aug 29, 2017
    Policy don't get reverted, for registry settings, services and tasks, you can run fast optimization from time to time (F), it's same as full optimization but with no backup or prompts (and no trim).
    You could also take registry and optimized services script (saved next to the script in OptimizeNextGen_Settings_Backup\scripts) and run at startup/shutdown (or logon/logout) from group policy,
    a.PNG
    or through a scheduled task...

Note: forgot to say, for "complete" services optimization, you need to run either Services Optimization.bat, or Optimized_Services_saved_at_.... with NSudo.
    For the 1st option you need to keep Optimize NextGen folder structure and create a shortcut to the script.
    Or (for both options) you could either copy NSudoG and create this script next to it
    Code:
    @echo off
    "%~dp0NSudoG.exe" -U:T -P:E  "path to the script.bat"& exit /b
    or add NSudo path to your system environment path and it would be simply like this:
    Code:
    @echo off
    "NSudoG.exe" -U:T -P:E  "path to the script.bat"& exit /b
    and that way NSudo doesn't have to sit next to the script.
    ps If you need to add NSudo to your system environment variables (and install anywhere) I made also a simple Installer for it.

12. Worlock

Worlock MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2019
    Ran this and things are working great other than I can't access network drives. I suspect it's because of some of the services or group policies that were set in the optimize. Do you happen to know what I would need to change to enable file and printer sharing? Here are some of the things I've tried:

• I get error 80004005 when trying to access a UNC path on my private network.
    • When I try to enable file and printer sharing and click save and reopen the dialog file and printer sharing is still turned off.
    • IPv6 is disabled and Microsoft file and printer sharing is enabled.
    Thanks again for the great work!

13. Worlock

Worlock MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2019
    Figured it out. Needed to start a few services. As a suggestion maybe you could add an option to optimize with file and printer sharing enabled. Thanks again!

14. Thomas Dubreuil

Aug 29, 2017
    yes, I warned about this in spoiler/services, good thing is you can also revert everything in case.
    But I will add your suggestion as an option good idea...
    so else than Lanman Workstation (Workstation), is there any other service that one needs to enable (or anything else) ?

15. zbigniew59

zbigniew59 MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2016
    Hello. After applying this schema does not work bluetooth- how to enable it - what services?

16. Thomas Dubreuil

Aug 29, 2017
    #37 Thomas Dubreuil, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    (OP)
    probably bluetooth services and wifi :Wlan, Bluetooth Support Service, Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service...

Note you can also restore your services (and anything) if needed, services is first thing saved when applying full script.

You can also apply only separate parts (registry, power options, group policy etc.)

17. v72dd

v72dd MDL Senior Member

Nov 20, 2016
    How to apply secpol policies to offline image??

18. Thomas Dubreuil

Aug 29, 2017
    I don't think there is secpol (neither group policy) in a wim image, but maybe you can try copy the folders or the files from online system to mounted wim...
    C:\Windows\security (.sdb)
    C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy (.pol)

19. v72dd

v72dd MDL Senior Member

Nov 20, 2016
    I think this could work..