Defender Switcher

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by wilenty, Nov 24, 2021.

Tags:
    Yes sir i must share with you . Pl give me a moment & pl do forgive me if i will be mistaken somehwere :)

1. Code:
    webthreatdefsvc
    webthreatdefusersvc

Sir Most Important "BITS" or else they will return to orig state after reboot even if we disable them via controlset001 :)

Disabling "BITS" will result in WU ui at settings always in error state .

Question : is "MsSecFlt" already covered in switcher .

2. wilenty

wilenty MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2014
    After suggestion in comment: #39
    I have added all "Windows Defender" services and/or drivers that can be safely disabled and re-enabled.

3. spinalGR

spinalGR MDL Senior Member

Oct 16, 2014
    workin well !

4. wladw

wladw MDL Member

May 7, 2015
    Great tool & works well!

5. Stimpy88

Stimpy88 MDL Senior Member

Mar 24, 2011
  6. wilenty

Jan 15, 2014
    No, it only disables/enables some of the services and/or adds/removes some registry keys - please look in the first post at the screenshots of the program. Eventually, you can test my program on a VM (Virtual Machine).

Greetings,
    Wilenty

7. Stimpy88

Mar 24, 2011
    Thanks for the answer. Since posting I have been looking at the services your program is supposed to disable and can confirm that they are actually disabled.

I think I got confused because it still looks like it's working, and I can see SmartScreen still running.

8. Stimpy88

Mar 24, 2011
    I just got a SmartScreen warning while installing some utilities, is there any way you could add this to Defender Switcher?

I use this script I found a long time ago that somebody had pasted into a forum that I can't find again! I don't know if it is of any help to you. It seems to be the only one I found that actually works. Also, I noticed that the other tool mentioned a couple of posts back also removed SmartScreen successfully.

Code:
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" /v "SmartScreenEnabled" /t REG_SZ /d "Off" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\PhishingFilter" /v "EnabledV9" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppHost" /v "EnableWebContentEvaluation" /t "REG_DWORD" /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System" /v "EnableSmartScreen" /t "REG_DWORD" /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\SmartScreen" /v "ConfigureAppInstallControl" /t REG_SZ /d "Anywhere" /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\SmartScreen" /v "ConfigureAppInstallControlEnabled" /t "REG_DWORD" /d "0" /f
    takeown /s %computername% /u %username% /f "%WinDir%\System32\smartscreen.exe"
    icacls "%WinDir%\System32\smartscreen.exe" /grant:r %username%:F
    taskkill /im smartscreen.exe /f
    del "%WinDir%\System32\smartscreen.exe" /s /f /q

9. wilenty

Jan 15, 2014
    I will check it, and I will look what I can do for you...

But, for sure it will not be right now.

Have a nice time,
    Wilenty

10. Stimpy88

Mar 24, 2011
    Thanks! No demands, just consideration!

Have a good one!

11. BetaTesta

BetaTesta MDL Member

Aug 6, 2022
    Double clicked on Switcher v3.exe it did nothing. Help please.

12. wilenty

Jan 15, 2014
    Hello,
    please temporarily disable the M$ Defender, and/or use the the version 4.

These AV are such aggressive that sometimes they block good programs (especially without digital signature).

So, I think that your AV blocked my program, because my program tries to disable it. :]

Greetings,
    Wilenty

13. wilenty

Jan 15, 2014
    Hello,
    Please don't spam in my topic, instead please create your own thread with this program.

Thanks in advance,
    Wilenty

14. wesmar

wesmar MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2012
    Hi! I've opened a new thread, but those forums for one type of tool should be merged
    Regards Mark