[DISCUSSION] Microsoft Office 2019

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by ratzlefatz, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
    YAOCTRI
    Apparently, only this has a workaround to get office 2019 updates in Windows lower than 10.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ashish1989

ashish1989 MDL Senior Member

Sep 20, 2013
    But why there is a need of updating it, I have switched off automatic updates in my windows 7 machine, will the office 2019 be updated automatically

3. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018
    Yes. You can turn it off also.

It's your choice whether you want to use almost a decade old Windows 7 SP1 without any updates, or you want to update it to the latest version. However, updating the software mostly saves the user from lots of bugs and provides better compatibility with the latest changes and softwares overall.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Which tool & steps did you use to install O 2019? Which version & steps?

I'm staying on Win 8.1 for another 2 years for sure. Here's the issue..

So tried with
    OfficeRTool - Did not initiate at all.

Tried with
    YAOCTRI - Starts but does not finish and gives this Error

Screenshot_1.png

Which Tool & Menu option Steps - do you recommend I use for installing side by side C2R on Win 8.1:
    - O 2016 &
    - O 2019

And what steps or tuning if ANY to be done before, after, between both?

What am I missing as I followed Guides in both.

I don't mind uninstalling BOTH and starting fresh - (Add in a Cleaner or Cleanup if you'd like)

But no point repeating same if cant figure out what I am missing.

5. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018
    @crashnburn

It's not recommended to install office C2R 2016/O0365/2019 side by side. If you do that, then for e.g excel app will not be created 2-3 times separately, instead, there will be only one excel app. it's because the mentioned office versions, share the same office install location, hence they can not co-exist properly.

It's better to clean the previous office install remnants with Office Scrubber and use YAOCTRI to install your desired office version. You can download the office .img file from here or download the latest files with YAOCTRU.

---------------------

From YAOCTRI readme,

I hope it answers your questions.

6. How can I change which Office Programs I install? I need only Word, PowerPoint and Excel, no need for the others.

7. Should I place this configurator into the ISO or? Please if not a problem give me post for instructions.

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I am creating a tutorial for yaoctru and yaoctri.

You are asked to put in the path to the mounted iso when you start the configurator, i am downloading an iso but it downloads very slow atm.

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    @Wetryshka YAOCTRI configurator recognizes the mounted img by itself.

10. Yes, thank you so much. I figure it out.

Edit: Question, for ProPlus2019Retail.img, should I use the YAOCTRIR since it is Retail or YAOCTRI?

11. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018
    You can use both versions (retail and vl) of YAOCTRI with any office 2019/O365 .img files or files downloaded with YAOCTRU.

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    With the restriction that after using YAOCTRIR and you want to KMS activate the office install, c2r>vl needs to be ran separately.

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    YAOCTRIR is for when you are going to activate it by official retail means, it doesn't convert the install to VL by itself.

14. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018
    Of course. Wetryshka question was, which (retail or vl) YAOCTRI version he can/should use with ProPlus2019Retail.img.

KMS_VL_ALL will activate any office C2R (retail or vl) version anyways.

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yeah, yeah, KMS_VL_ALL does it by itself:facepalm:

ps, if all use KMS_VL_ALL, yaoctri becomes a bit obsolete:D

16. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018
    Nah, :D YAOCTRI is a jewel considering its awesome features. Besides, it's a good idea to install the office directly as VL instead of converting retail to VL. When the office will ever need to repair itself (which it does) it will revert back to it's initially installed product license. So if you have set up grandma's computer, you won't be called why the office is not activated anymore even though you have installed KMS_VL_ALL auto-renewal. :buddyjesus:

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Would be a weird call, if my grandma called me, for the heck of that, even my dad or mom;):D

18. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018
    :D
    Well, I'm a Mr. Engineer for my family and friends circle, :rolleyes: I always need to find ways how to set up computers in a way that they won't have to contact me again. :cool: