[DISCUSSION] Microsoft Office 2019

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by ratzlefatz, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Knife

Knife MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2010
    An Update, on the off chance that there is some useful information to be gleaned (probs not, but...):

After several attempts with OfficeRTool - install, convert, attempt to activate (fail) and then a wipe with OfficeScrubber (including running O16_MSI.vbs and C2R.vbs manually), and then also attempting authorization through KMS_VL_ALL - which were all unsuccessful, I changed up two things and got it to authorize.

1) After another complete scrub (including of every reference to MS Office I could find anywhere on the hard drive and in the Registry) I went with the C2R install with OfficeRTool instead of the OTC (or whatever the acronym is for the dedicated local install), which STILL failed local KMS authorization with OfficeRTool, but then;

2) That installation, of the C2R version, DID finally authorize with KMS_VL_ALL.

I don't know if/why the C2R version would make a difference and I'm certainly not enough of a coder to know why the KMS_VL_ALL local KMS emulation would work while the OfficeRTool local KMS emulation apparently doesn't, but there it is.

3) Also, interestingly, @Bill_Boquet instructions on how to delete the difficult registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Common\Smart Tag\Actions\{B7EFF951-E52F-45CC-9EF7-57124F2177CC}

Seemed only to work once.

I was able to run an elevated cmd prompt and open Regedit and navigate to that registry key, and go to "Permissions" -> "Advanced" and click on 1st entry and effectively "take ownership"/give myself authorization to delete the key, ONCE. All subsequent attempts to delete it from the elevated cmd/Regedit resulted in a "You Do Not Have authorization to Delete this Key" error. Can giving myself authority over that key once change something about it?

Anyway, there's some additional info for you, if it is at all useful.

Again, thanks to everyone on this forum for all the great work and especially the individualized assistance. You guys rule!

2. Bill_Boquet

Bill_Boquet MDL Junior Member

Feb 5, 2012
    @Knife : Thanks for the feedback and congratulations : you did it !

Regarding the difficult registry key, I once faced the same issue than the one you describe.
    I don't remember precisely the steps I did, but it could well be the same than yours, i.e. take ownership of the key.
    I tried everything afterwards to delete this bl... key, without success. Finally, I was so fed up that I reinstalled Windows from scratch.

Instead of taking ownership of the key, I just delete the first property of the key :
    - Right click on the key -> Autorizations -> Advanced -> click on 1st entry -> Delete -> Apply -> OK -> OK. (Translated from French, maybe slightly different).
    Afterwards, I have always been able to delete the key, several times.

Anyhow, deleting this key is a nice to have : everything works flawlessly if you forget it ;-)
    All the best, Bill.

3. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Hello people,
    I'm a bit late about office 2019.
    So as I understood, there's no office 2019 KMS version from Microsoft ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Hasefroch

Hasefroch MDL Senior Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Yes, the PerpetualVL2019 channel

5. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    oh ! I didn't notice there was a new MTKV.
    that's great.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Wannabe

Wannabe MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2007
    There is no new MTKV (if it is Microsoft Toolkit you're referring to?).
    Use KMS_VL_ALL script.

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    There is: Microsoft Toolkit [Continued]
    You can use YAOCTRI to install any office 2019 ISO or YAOCTRU downloaded fileset with VL licenses.

8. summersuns

summersuns MDL Member

Oct 26, 2014
    #3368 summersuns, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    Installed office ProPlus2019Retail utilising YAOCTRI and Extender. I also referred to a series of screenshots by Enthusiast to verify each step of the way.
    Office 2019 img is from the pastebin list
    The install process completed successfully and I proceeded to activate it with KMS_VL_ALL_AIO-40
    This process was also successful.

I chose 3 programs, WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT during YAOCTRI_Configurator routine.
    Of the 3 powerpoint is a non starter.
    [​IMG]

It does give me advice to reinstall the program. Since POWERPOINT was installed from a list during the configurator routine I don't actually know how to reinstall a single program.

I also notice from the pastebin list that there exists a file named PowerPoint2019Retail.img. If I can't figure out how to fix PowerPoint would I be advised to use office scrubber to remove the ProPlus installation and install the aforementioned PowerPoint2019Retail.img by using the configurator command?

Running Win 7 Enterprise. (I forgot to add this)
    Cheers

Attached Files:

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Is this an unmodified / not chopped OS?

10. summersuns

summersuns MDL Member

Oct 26, 2014
    #3370 summersuns, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    Sorry I forgot to add my OS. Modified my post.
    Don't know what a chopped OS might be - sounds violent.

It is an ISO constructed from SiMPLiX_AiO_ISO_Full_Tool_2_3_20.10.15 and updated religiously every patch Tuesday.
    ingredients = en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332.iso + en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso

HTH

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    YAOCTRU

Code:
    =============================================================
    Channel : Monthly

Selected channel offer different builds per OS level:

1. build: 16.0.13628.20380 [Windows 8.1 and 10]
     2. build: 16.0.12527.21594 [Windows 7]

> Enter Build option number, and press "Enter":

12. summersuns

summersuns MDL Member

Oct 26, 2014
    All good thanks to you and your fellow coders.

13. maxama123

maxama123 MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2009
  14. Wannabe

Wannabe MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2007
  15. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
  16. summersuns

summersuns MDL Member

Oct 26, 2014