[DISCUSSION] Patch WMC to run on Windows 10 final & possible alternatives

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ricktendo64, May 8, 2015.

1. SidSavage

SidSavage MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion, no luck! But I have found that its the full screen lockup thing, the fact that is seem to be only with the Intel graphics through me.
    I have done all the usual things, removed graphics acceleration, run ehshell as admin. edit registry to include DisableHWAcceleration and placed ehome in Program Files folder. So far the only thing that works is the Nvidia graphics card..
    Any fixes I have missed? thanks Sid

2. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Expert

Dec 8, 2018

Sure, the full screen is where the problems usually becomes apparent, and AMM is the way I always fixed them. Strange isn't working for you.

You can also use TheMaxifier to workaround the problem, it allows you to use a fake full screen, which really is a big, borderless window, sized to fill the screen. Other than that I have no idea, likely you're facing a very specific driver problem.

3. twinviper

twinviper MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2014
    #10523 twinviper, Nov 6, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    Hi, is anyone able to upload a mirror of TheMaxifier? The main website download link appears to be down. Thanks!

edit: nm, found a link. the-maxifier dot software.informer dot com/versions/

4. djremix

djremix MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2011
    what is the replacement for x32 architecture starting from XP and for wmc to work

5. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Expert

Dec 8, 2018
    #1 Use the original 8.8.1 by T-S, check first if nsudo is working correctly launching the test-right script, you must end with an opened cmd window.

If that doesn't happen everything else will fail (including uninstallation)

#2 use WMC_Multi tool to fix the 8.8.1 installation (follow all steps starting from #4). [this step is not needed on older windows 10 from 1507 to 1703]

Codecs are already in windows, since vista, they need just to be activated by the dvd player app (no dvd player=no premium codecs), anyway you can install the LAV codecs if you prefer.