1. LittlePro

LittlePro MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Get full control over Win 10 Updates : Windows Update Manager OR Windows Update MiniTool

Thanks. ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. wernser412

wernser412 MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2018
    there are windows 10 ltsc 1909?

3. neofita

neofita MDL Member

Nov 27, 2013
    no :)

4. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    #7646 LittlePro, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. maxama123

maxama123 MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Hi,

I'm currently administrator on my desktop computer with latest Win 10. I want to set up a sign-in password or login password for Win 10 for each time i start my computer. I don't see that option in the attachment, can someone kindly offer some help how id go setting up a password to log into Windows 10? Thanks

Attached Files:

6. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
    #7648 LittlePro, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Both options are there!
    Do you want to be logged in automatically at startup without entering pin, etc. Or you want to undo the same ? Confused here!

Is it that even after configuring the the pin, etc., you are logged in directly without entering/ using that ?

Thanks. ...

7. qwesta

qwesta MDL Senior Member

Jul 22, 2011
    @LittlePro
    I wish you could make the size of the fonts in your signature look realistic to those in the posts you make.
    Thank you

8. maxama123

maxama123 MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Im already logged in automatically into windows on each boot up but what i want is to enter a password or pin to enter into Windows. How do i do this?

9. LittlePro

Jan 19, 2017
  10. qwesta

qwesta MDL Senior Member

Jul 22, 2011
    HAHAHA, we are asking you to make it smaller, not to override what you write sir

11. bfoos

bfoos MDL Guide Dog

Jun 15, 2008
    OMG This made me laugh so loud it woke my roommate up!

12. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    #7654 AveYo, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  13. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Windows checks for updates as usual.
    When updates found, it sends a wnf event to trigger notification.
    Since notification process is replaced with a dummy, there's no expected reply, so it does it again, couple times.
    So far so good.

Shortly after, windows-as-a-service kicks in: Windows checks connection type, working hours, postpone settings, update registry, update policies - it's all purely informative.
    If certain flags are set on the respective update (most are flagged security critical and mandatory reboot even if not required) and time between last updated and current is past a certain range, Windows will straight out proceed to downloading and installing the update.
    Else, will keep appearance of giving user a choice in the matter and trigger another notification every x minutes. Again, no expected reply, so it does it again, couple times.
    The time until Windows gets impatient and proceeds with downloading and installing the update without user confirmation depends on many factors, it can range from 15 minutes to couple hours to days for non-critical stuff. This is what I mean by late schedule - it's not much different than normal.

After update has been auto installed and a pending reboot was set, Windows starts spamming reboot notifications. No expected reply, so it does it again, like clockwork.
    Might also run remediation services in between, smelling something fishy, but won't find anything wrong because the scripts haven't touched update services / registry / policies.
    So now you can stay outdated without being nagged for as long as you can keep your PC on.
    I once did that for almost 4 months without noticing it as PC was set to enter sleep on idle.
    Hence the reminder for people that rarely reboot / shutdown their PC to check settings - updates from time to time and deal with pending reboots: accept or ignore (also noticeable on the start menu - power icon).

14. ashish1989

ashish1989 MDL Senior Member

Sep 20, 2013
    So it means we have to check this option manually, will the updates be installed after that or is it done automatically

15. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Since most updates are set for mandatory reboot, if you don't reboot your device windows can't proceed with installing another one (with some exceptions).
    The alternative would be to fully allow automatic updates (there are registry / policies for that), but then who in the world would want their PC suddenly reboot?!
    It's not an issue for most people that do shutdown their PC over night. And most people will notice the power icon overlay anyway.
    Pick your poison?

16. Rallye89

Rallye89 MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2015
    Which way should I use svf along with iso to generate a msdn matching iso for my country?

17. neofita

neofita MDL Member

Nov 27, 2013