1. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    #2981 ceo54, Feb 12, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    ' Youll need a new ap to open this msgameingovelay link ' ?

3. BongoMania

BongoMania MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2023
    This is helpful. Alas, I don't know how to proceed.
    Should I download the
    en-us_windows_10_iot_enterprise_ltsc_2021_x64_dvd_257ad90f
    or the
    en-us_windows_10_iot_enterprise_version_21h2_arm64_dvd_fe1aa7cd

I'm assuming the former. How would I go about activation IoT with HWID?

4. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    ceo54 this tool do more trouble than good
    so .. I cant recommended using this tool

( its work like Chemotherapy, its kill good things,
    to disable bad things, this is not the way .. )

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Nah, it doesn't remove anything needed or important, just disables it, creates a backup folder, from which everything could be restored and have custom switches to configure things to your liking.

Been using it for the last 5 years without any issue. Not a single byte of data gets transferred to Micros**t except for downloading/upgrading certificates but each to it's own.

6. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    I do wonder, did you see the services tool complains they are bad ?
    in first time I run this tool, network gone wrong
    from that day, I understand that, remove as much as you can
    its not the best, you can keep some services, for stability of the system
    so it send some telemetry, but for the benefit good
    you can't get zero telemetry, without killing the system
    you have to balance, between privacy & system stability

btw I use google chrome, and google account
    google know what I watch at my free time
    who cares ?

Code:
     [ Manual ] AarSvc                                             [ Manual ] BcastDVRUserService
     [ Manual ] BluetoothUserService                               [ Manual ] CaptureService
      [ Auto ]  cbdhsvc                                             [ Auto ]  CDPSvc
      [ Auto ]  CDPUserSvc                                          [ Auto ]  cldflt
     [ Manual ] ConsentUxUserSvc                                   [ Manual ] CredentialEnrollmentManagerUserSvc
     [ Manual ] DeviceAssociationBrokerSvc                         [ Manual ] DeviceAssociationService
     [ Manual ] DevicePickerUserSvc                                [ Manual ] DevicesFlowUserSvc
     [ Manual ] diagnosticshub                                     [ Manual ] diagsvc
      Disabled  DiagTrack                                          [ Manual ] DmWapPushService
     [ Manual ] DoSvc                                               [ Auto ]  DPS
     [ Manual ] DsSvc                                              [ Manual ] InstallService
      [ Auto ]  iphlpsvc                                           [ Manual ] lfsvc
     [ Manual ] lmhosts                                            [ Manual ] LxpSvc
     [ Manual ] MessagingService                                   [ Manual ] MRxDAV
     [ Manual ] NcaSvc                                              [ Auto ]  NetBT
      [ Auto ]  OneSyncSvc                                          [ Auto ]  PcaSvc
     [ Manual ] PimIndexMaintenanceSvc                             [ Manual ] PrintWorkflowUserSvc
     [ Manual ] PushToInstall                                       Disabled  RemoteAccess
      Disabled  RemoteRegistry                                     [ Manual ] RetailDemo
      [ Auto ]  sgrmbroker                                          Disabled  shpamsvc
     [ Manual ] SmsRouter                                          [ Manual ] SSDPSRV
      [ Auto ]  StorSvc                                             [ Auto ]  TrkWks
     [ Manual ] tunnel                                              Disabled  UevAgentService
     [ Manual ] UnistoreSvc                                        [ Manual ] upnphost
     [ Manual ] UserDataSvc                                        [ Manual ] W32Time
     [ Manual ] WaaSMedicSvc                                       [ Manual ] wcncsvc
     [ Manual ] WdiServiceHost                                     [ Manual ] WdiSystemHost
     [ Manual ] WebClient                                          [ Manual ] wercplsupport
     [ Manual ] WerSvc                                             [ Manual ] WinHttpAutoProxySvc
     [ Manual ] WinRM                                              [ Manual ] wisvc
     [ Manual ] wlidsvc                                             [ Auto ]  WpnService
      [ Auto ]  WpnUserService                                     [ Manual ] XblAuthManager
     [ Manual ] XblGameSave                                        [ Manual ] XboxGipSvc
     [ Manual ] XboxNetApiSvc                                      [ Manual ] AarSvc_f2441
     [ Manual ] BcastDVRUserService_f2441                          [ Manual ] BluetoothUserService_f2441
     [ Manual ] CaptureService_f2441                                [ Auto ]  cbdhsvc_f2441
      [ Auto ]  CDPUserSvc_f2441                                   [ Manual ] ConsentUxUserSvc_f2441
     [ Manual ] CredentialEnrollmentManagerUserSvc_f2441           [ Manual ] DeviceAssociationBrokerSvc_f2441
     [ Manual ] DevicePickerUserSvc_f2441                          [ Manual ] DevicesFlowUserSvc_f2441
     [ Manual ] MessagingService_f2441                              [ Auto ]  OneSyncSvc_f2441
     [ Manual ] PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_f2441                       [ Manual ] PrintWorkflowUserSvc_f2441
     [ Manual ] UnistoreSvc_f2441                                  [ Manual ] UserDataSvc_f2441
      [ Auto ]  WpnUserService_f2441

7. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Nah, nothing ever complained to me about Blackbird for the changes it makes to the system. If anything has gone wrong or is not to your liking, you can always restore from backup and reconfigure the custom switches to exclude Blackbird from making changes to that particular module. It can't be any harder than figuring out everything on your own and doing like 1000 tweaks, right ?

My Network or anything never went bad after using Blackbird so I'm not the one who will complain.

I have limited Internet Connection and limited bandwidth so unlike you I can't allow Windows to use my bandwidth and my system resources for data collection that doesn't benefit me in any way.

That essentially saying you don't care about Telemetry but lot's of other people do and in that case, you have no need for any anti-telemetry/spying tool be it Blackbird or any other tool.

PS I will use any browser in the world but not Chrome, I have more dislike for Google than Microsoft and I stay away from their products and services as much as I can.

8. LTSC_Fanboy

LTSC_Fanboy MDL Junior Member

Oct 17, 2009
    hello,

Yes, download and install the former. Avoid the arm64.

Yes, you need HWID to activate. You probably know about the Massgravel page on GitHub

9. BongoMania

BongoMania MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2023
    Thanks Fanboy, I did happen to find that page yesterday. Just finished all my backups.

HWID activation via the MAS download on Github happens after installation, unless I'm mistaken. I'll see you and edit once I'm on the other side.

10. LTSC_Fanboy

LTSC_Fanboy MDL Junior Member

Oct 17, 2009
    #2991 LTSC_Fanboy, Feb 13, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  13. anna199095

anna199095 MDL Junior Member

Jun 25, 2018
    #2994 anna199095, Feb 14, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
    Hi, guys. How do i change a key and where to get a retail key? Do i change a key before the HW then change it back to what it was?

14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  15. Quaint10

Quaint10 MDL Member

Mar 15, 2018
    Guys! How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Browser from Windows 10 LTSC IoT Version Completely Without breaking anything ???

16. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
  17. benados

benados MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2017
    I'm having trouble with logging into my Microsoft account in Edge, even when using a portable version of Edge. If I sign in I find that's signed in even on Windows. When I try to stop the Microsoft account through group policy, I'm unable to sign in and use my account in Edge. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You most likely forgot to check the "only sign in the separate apps" at signing in in edge and now you made windows to use the MSA, forcing it to stop will not make it work better.

19. benados

benados MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2017
    Thank you but I don't remember seeing such option, I'll download it again and report back.