[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Enterprise (N) LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Feb 1, 2018.

1. milos123123

milos123123 MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2017
    I wanted to download latest w10 enterprise ltsc. I start with this thread and read and read and keep reading, and opened so many links that are provided. So, one link lead to another thread and another guides and another links and it is so confusing. For me it seems like links and explanations are so scattered. There are to many acronyms and abbreviation (SKU SVF ...) Dont get me wrong, and sorry if some1 is insulted, but can it be more easy, more simplified? just one link that will be latest windows edition.
    I dont know reason why so many files,
    Maybe there are too many files to convert and make latest realese for all languages and windows editions to please everyone.
    Anyway i need help

The link from first post send me to Windows 10 1809 FINAL Build and link belowe to Enterprise 2019 LTSC. In second link there is Enterprise LTSC 17763.316. If i understand reading all those posts, that is latest official releas for enterprise ltsc.. To get that last release 17763.316 to 17763.1098 updates need to be integrated into en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_5795bb03.iso, or when windows 10 enterprise ltsc17763.316 is installed to install updates (normal way) ?

But in windows 10 1809 final build thread, there is business edition that contains enterprise 17763.1098.. Thats is LTSC ? In tutorials on this forum i see enterprise ltsc is created from consumer/business iso files. like here https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/smartversion-tools-scripts.79415/page-4#post-1524751

2. da_gun

da_gun MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2020
    Hi all,

Former NLite/XP addict - reluctantly switched to WinToolkit/W7 until I bought my first factory built computer. It has an Intel Coffee Lake processor and surprise! it does not allow W7 installation any way I could ever find.

While trying to figure that out I stumbled across Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC. Now I am an NTLite/W10 LTSC addict :p I started this over a year ago using "en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_74865958.iso".

I just saw that there has been two releases since then and downloaded "en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_5795bb03.iso". When I do an install using this ISO, processing with NTLite and my custom scripts exactly as usual, the end result is a system drive that has around 800MB more data on it than with the original ISO.

I suspect the reason is in this thread somewhere but I am seeing cross eyed from reading so many posts and haven't seen the answer I seek spelled out and have not been able to find the answer elsewhere.

So does a change log exist for the three LTSC ISO releases? Any guess where the extra 800MB's are coming from? Is there any advantage to using the latest ISO given I integrate all updates with NTLite prior to install or should I just stick with the original ISO?

Thanks!

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Did you /cleanup/resetbase and rebuild the install.wim after chopping with ntlite?

The three different releases all are just 17763.1 + the updates of November 2018 (17763.107) or march 2019 (for 17763.316), by now it is just a full new set of updates (17763.1369).

4. da_gun

da_gun MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2020
    #5465 da_gun, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    Everything identical except for the ISO I used. Honestly, I didn't spend any time to speak of trying to figure it out for myself - could possibly be something in NTLite that is different for the newer version, I will look through NTLites sets next time around.

Based on your answer about the differences, seems like it doesn't matter which version I start with anyway so won't worry about it much ;)

Thanks again!

Edit: Did a quick experiment...intregrated just last month's cumulative update into source, then intregrated this month's...source swelled considerably. I didn't do an actual install but files probably would have been included on system drive swelling it as well.

So, IMO, if you are using NTLite or any method to integrate updates into your source prior to an install, you are better off using the original ISO - the second two are just swollen with updates that are now obsolete any way.

5. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    da_gun

What your saying / asking isnt clear .

You added updates and are now asking why the added updates have made the system bigger ?

Your talking about NTlite and are having problems = Why not just put the operating system in and then add updates and then if you must chop it up with NTlite ?

6. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Maybe this helps you ?

My experience ---- > Nlite was for XP . It was different than NTLite . It had a few problems ...... for example it tended to put or try to put updates in wrong / in the wrong order . There were also things listed that could be removed that broke the system . Other things didnt take into account some dependancys ....... and XP was a MUCH more forgiving system . Once i found good setting for Nlite things didnt change over the years = I could use the same settings for years .

NTLite is different . It does take into account a lot of dependancys ( but not all ) and it puts the updates in right . BUT ....... WIN 10 is a PITA . The monthly updates can change things , and put things back in that one has removed, and change dependancys . That means that i have to put a fresh copy of win 10 in every month and then if i want cut it with NTLite .

7. da_gun

da_gun MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2020
    Sorry - let me try to make it clearer.

Here is what I wanted to know:

1. What is the difference between the three Win 10 LTSC ISO releases? - answered by "Enthousiast" - they are the same except the latter two have the current updates at the time of their release integrated.

2. Why was my install larger after using the latest ISO? Answer: Because of the updates that are already integrated into that ISO. When I integrated the current updates, the existing integrated updates are not removed making the source and resulting install larger.

My conclusion: If you are going to integrate current updates before installing, you should use the original ISO to keep your source and install as small and clean as possible. Most of the updates that are included in the latter two ISO releases are obsolete and unnecessary. However, if you are NOT going to integrate current updates in your source you should use the latest possible ISO so you have the protection offered by its integrated updates at first boot.

8. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #5469 xinso, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    dism /image:%MT% /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup /resetbase

dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:%MT% /commit

wimlib-imagex optimize install.wim

9. ralf ralf

ralf ralf MDL Member

May 11, 2017
    Hi,
    could someone describe to me again very briefly and concisely how to create the latest LTSC Windwos 10!
    With updates and the corresponding language?
    Thanks...Ralf

10. ralf ralf

ralf ralf MDL Member

May 11, 2017
    What tools and so on....

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Give me a few minutes to update the 1809 Updates Overview:)

12. MARKZ1ON

MARKZ1ON MDL Junior Member

May 22, 2020
    Question - How do I integrate Edge into LTSC 2019 using W10UI?

Thanks,

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  14. MARKZ1ON

MARKZ1ON MDL Junior Member

May 22, 2020
  15. ralf ralf

ralf ralf MDL Member

May 11, 2017
    wow, so many Informations:

1. ISO download and language I understood.
    2. Which DOTnet version is the better!? 3.5 & 4.7.2 or 3.5 & 4.8
    3. Update SSU / CU / Flash in any case?
    4. W10UI All Files in one Folder to integrate all Updates and language?
    5. For Windows 10 Pro the same procedure?

16. ralf ralf

ralf ralf MDL Member

May 11, 2017
    wow, so many Informations:

1. ISO download and language I understood.
    2. Which DOTnet version is the better!? 3.5 & 4.7.2 or 3.5 & 4.8
    3. Update SSU / CU / Flash in any case?
    4. W10UI All Files in one Folder to integrate all Updates and language?
    5. For Windows 10 Pro the same procedure?

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It's not what is better, it's what you want and need, just go for 48 and then you need the .351+48 cu.
    yes.
    it has a readme, but yes.
    yes, for all windows SKUs it's the same.