[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Final Build 19041>>>19045 (PC) [20H1>>>22H2 vb_release]

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Enthousiast, Dec 10, 2019.

1. anansay

anansay MDL Member

Jul 13, 2020
    The September updates still do not solve the SSD Trim defrag bug :(

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    That are three bugs in one sentence, only the hdd showing to be trimmed (which i cannot see because it always is not fragmented) can still be present, ssd's showing being defragmented i never saw occurring myself, and the "never ran" after a reboot was fixed a few CUs ago.

And all could have been just cosmetic.

3. anansay

anansay MDL Member

Jul 13, 2020
    If that is the case, I will manually TRIM the SSDs or defrag the HDDs myself.

What do you mean? What does "all" refer to? You wrote that only the "never ran" after a reboot bug was fixed.

Another question: Do these three bugs exist in Windows OS build 18363.1082? Microsoft suggested me to upgrade to the 2004 version but I refused because of the three bugs.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-10-hotfix-repository.57050/page-526#post-1617937
    +
    It could just be that the GUI just showed the incorrect term for what it was doing.
    No, it is/was a 19041/2 only bug.

5. XtremeW33

XtremeW33 MDL Novice

May 2, 2012
    On my system (Intel Z390 Chipset) the 19041.508 update has fixed the following bugs:
    - the Optimize Drive tool does not report the correct status
    - the time synschronisation does not run automatically (this bug doesn't seem receive much attention)

6. joluboga

joluboga MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Hello guys. I've been having a very strange problem when I clean-install the 19041/2 version. I do what I always do when I install any other version of Windows 10: I boot from a USB stick formatted in FAT32, I delete all the previous partitions and I let the installation to create new ones, the install process finishes without issues and I get to the desktop. Everything seems to be fine. But the minute I restart the computer for the first time, the screen goes black just before getting back to the "Welcome" screen (the one that tells you the time of day), the only thing I can see is the mouse pointer, with the little circle above it, like it was trying to load something. It can stay like that for a looooong time, until I decide to clean-install the 1909 version and everything works great again.

This has been happening to me in EVERY computer I try to update via clean-installation, and I'm talking 7th and 8th generation intel i5 computers, literally right out of the box. If I update through Windows Update, it works, but that's not good for me, I need to do clean installations.

This actually has been happening to me for months, no matter if it's a 19041.1 iso, updated with W10UI_8.6, or it has been downloaded through uupdump.ml, or even with the official techbench isos. I'm getting really desperate because I really have no idea of what's going on. This is the only Windows 10 version that has giving me this weird problem.

Can you guys help me, please? If you need more information, I'll be happy to give it to you.

7. hceeler

hceeler MDL Member

Aug 21, 2008
    i asked this before, since 2004 and it seems windows is blocking scripts from running on some websites, namely jquery and javascript...it happens in all browsers, and even on emulates and OS installed on VM, this leads me to believe that windows itself is blocking it from the connection ...any ideas, or any way to disable that if anyone faced this !!!
    i even tried and reverted to previous version of windows prior to 2004, but they pushed a CU update that caused it to happen even on that...
    those sites run fine on Ubuntu, Mac and Android..

8. donmiller

donmiller MDL Addicted

Jun 4, 2016
    So are you saying that you are getting one-good boot into Windows and then when you reboot, it won't load the Windows graphical user interface (GUI) the next time? Are you leaving the USB drive in the computer after Windows is installed? If so, it may being booting off the USB drive, when it should be booting from the resident SSD or HD. Asking questions for clarification.

9. joluboga

joluboga MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Exactly, that is what's happening. And the usb stick is unplugged by that point. There are no other bootable devices plugged to the computer either, just the hard drive.

10. donmiller

donmiller MDL Addicted

Jun 4, 2016
    #4470 donmiller, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    I'm suspicious that it is a boot sector problem or a storage driver problem. There are a couple of things you could try. Firstly, when I do a clean install, I use a USB drive that is NTFS (not FAT32) with Windows on it. I've found that NTFS supports larger file sizes and is more reliable. You could use a Windows ISO file and Rufus to create such a bootable USB drive. Secondly, I prep the target hard drive. I boot off the USB drive to a command prompt. Then I use Diskpart to clean the target drive and then I install a single primary partition on the target drive, but I do NOT format that partition. I have found that if I format that partition, the Windows installer will break the formatted partition into a boot partition and a Windows partition. Since I want a single partition for Windows, I don't format the primary partition on the target drive and the Windows installer places the boot records and Windows all in one partition.

If these steps do not install a bootable copy of Windows on your SSD or HD, then you may have a subsequent boot sector problem or storage driver problem. Some boot sector issues can be repaired with a "SYS" command. A storage driver problem can occur when you need a critical driver to boot Windows such as a special NVMe driver or Optane Memory driver. For now, I would try doing another clean install into a single primary partition on the target drive.

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yeah, that should fix it.

12. joluboga

joluboga MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Thank you! I will try again with your steps, and keep you guys updated.

13. EaglePC

EaglePC MDL Expert

Feb 13, 2012
    19042.450 went final i believe a friend i know someone works as a PC builder and MS sent them this as OEM

14. joluboga

joluboga MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    #4475 joluboga, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    Thank you so much, @donmiller, @Enthousiast and @abbodi1406 for your help! The problem turned out to be the "System Brand Changer" by @Alphawaves. I know that it's not supported anymore, but it kept working fine for me, up until version 1909. I guess it's time to finally let it go and look for another option.

I was starting to lose my head after months of trying to install the 20H1 version in like 30 different computers and failing each time lol, but I used to run System Brand Changer the minute I got to the desktop for the first time, and after the first reboot, I got the black screen with the mouse pointer and the infinite loading circle.

I guess the mystery has been solved! Thank you again for your help, guys!

15. joluboga

joluboga MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
  16. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
  17. joluboga

joluboga MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Thank you! I'll check it out right now!

18. Demencial777

Demencial777 MDL Junior Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Ahh, nice to know! Thanks so much for the answer!

19. KedarWolf

KedarWolf MDL Addicted

Mar 17, 2016
    I'm trying to download 19041.1 for someone with UUP Dump, get the below error. :(

Code:
    Extracting UUP converter...

Retrieving aria2 script...

09/13 16:15:48 [NOTICE] Downloading 1 item(s)

09/13 16:15:49 [NOTICE] Download complete: D:/19041.1_amd64_en-us_multi_be8233f3_convert/files/aria2_script.30040.txt

Download Results:
    gid   |stat|avg speed  |path/URI
    ======+====+===========+=======================================================
    8e1bab|OK  |      43B/s|D:/19041.1_amd64_en-us_multi_be8233f3_convert/files/aria2_script.30040.txt

Status Legend:
    (OK):download completed.

Unable to retrieve data from Windows Update servers. Reason: EMPTY_FILELIST
    If this problem persists, most likely the set you are attempting to download was removed from Windows Update servers.

Press any key to continue . . .