[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Demoted Back to Insider Preview 17133.1 (PC) [RS4_Release]

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Enthousiast, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Still not any official MSFT proof or a new IP released, all is based on speculation by one click bait poster, zac bowden.

2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^^
    hmm o_O:eek:...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008
    Sorry OP, but it's hilarious to read this whole mess happening at Microsoft. Just another evidence how incompetent their coders AND management really are. I cannot understand why the hell they still insist this 6-month release cycle when it's so obvious nobody really benefit from this model. Why not go back to the old times when they release something when it's really ready, and only when it's really ready, instead of setting up an artificial time for a new release? Why release a new version just for the purpose of releasing a new version? I mean, for an average PC consumer, what the difference between 1803 and 1709, and all the previous 2 builds? I bet none, zero, nothing.
    Somebody, or many have their minds messed up at Redmond.

4. dabugen

dabugen MDL Junior Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Thats why I stick to the LTSB versions - old style release-cycle and it´s very stable. Once LTSB 2019 comes out, I will also wait till 2020 before upgrading LTSB 2016 to it, just to make sure it has some stability already.

5. icu2l8

icu2l8 MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2013
    You must understand that the fight is against Apple MacOSX which upgrades itself all the time, and against Android and Linux. MS must show that they do something for the living. Also, no software upgrades and no problems, also there is no reason for hardware development. No hardware development, no reason for software development, and so on. Progress must be made, but I agree, once a year upgrade or once in two year upgrade, is more than enough.

6. TigTex

TigTex MDL Senior Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I work at a computer repair store and I get a ton of failed computers because of these upgrades to newer builds. Sometimes computers go to a bootloop or loose some drivers during the process or it fragments the hard drive so hard that the systems became slow.
    So yes, this 6 month release is awesome because it pays my job, can't wait for this build to go live!

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It will be 2018 LTSB according to MSFT's own servicing plans, published here by @abbodi1406 (1809).

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Most normal consumers won't even notice there is a new build released.

9. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    Answer: As long as Satya is in charge. This is his plan.

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I always love simple consumers/it people laughing at/complaining about developments they never could have accomplished themselves.

11. TigTex

TigTex MDL Senior Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Oh they notice. "my computer restarted while I was working! it took 2 hours" or "it took all night". Or sometimes "my desktop icons are all messed up". Or "my office is not activated anymore"... I've also seen some computers with a lot of relocated sectors on the hard disks fail to upgrade and cause premature total data loss.
    These are the most typical complains every time a new build comes out.

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    They would notice it when it reaches their hardware, far after GA, not at early access time like we Insiders do.

13. icu2l8

icu2l8 MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2013
    This release, remind me the tree of s**t from many years ago.

shit2.jpg

14. yomoma2

yomoma2 MDL Senior Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Forgetting a moment about licensing details, a new problem has surfaced for gamers who use old but current LTSB versions. Latest W10 AMD drivers will only install under 1709 as they're meant for WDDM 2.3, and might be required to solve problems in latest games. It's a risk to have to wait something like a year and a half for the next OS upgrade, if a new WDDM comes in between for the regular bianual release.

15. chlynx

chlynx MDL Member

Mar 27, 2017
    very well said. It's easy to belittle someone's efforts than doing something on your own.

16. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Windows should defrag it by itself every week I think. I can't imagine somebody being that stupid to not understand fragmentation also going into the trouble of specifically disabling it. Also are people that dumb to not be able to just download an ISO, format and install fresh if something breaks during the upgrade...

17. Scyphoz

Scyphoz MDL Junior Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Working in IT managed services I can guarantee you in most cases yes... yes they are.

18. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008
    Believe me, most users are simple dumb people when it comes to using a computer. Also believe me, I had been a long time user of Windows - all the way from Windows 95 days. I don't remember when there were so many drama when then Microsoft release a new version of Windows when Bill Gates was in charge.

Also, if you are a consumer eating at a restaurant, you have every right to complain if the food is terrible, or laugh at the chefs who make these awful dishes. Do you mean that if people could not do better than the chefs, then they are ineligible to complain/laugh? Ask yourself that and answer it in all your honesty, who is laughable? The "professionals" who cannot get their job done, or consumers who express legitimate complains?

19. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008
    Oh really? Guess you don't know there are professionals who make a living belittling other one's efforts while doing nothing on their own. They are called food critics.