[DISCUSSION] Windows Repair Toolbox

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by windsman, Feb 19, 2015.

1. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    #1 windsman, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2024

Attached Files:

2. cetipabo2

cetipabo2 MDL Member

Feb 8, 2015
    awesome !
    thanks !

3. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi all, i'm the author of Windows Repair Toolbox. Version 1.0.0.5 is now available, all feedback, bug reports and suggestions are appreciated! I hope you enjoy!

4. camachousa

camachousa MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2013
    Thank you very much for this tool. Works GREAT !!!

5. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
    Thanks for the great tool ;)
    He exist also on portable version ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
  7. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi guys,

thank you for your interest, i hope this software is useful for you!

While working in the next version of WRT, i found a bug in the Unattended Fix feature:

Either the "Disk Defrag" button or the "Ccleaner" button must be selected in order to the unattended fix be executed completely. If not, the process will stop after the download of the other tools you selected: it won't actually start the scanning part.

This bug is already fixed in the upcoming version of Windows Repair Toolbox, in which i'm working right now... I'm sorry if you had any inconvenience.

8. Rodommoc

Rodommoc MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2012
    Excellent program!!! :clap::clap::clap:

In the portable version, I did not check the installed version, the FastCopy button gives an error:
    ZipEntry::ReadHeader(): Bad Signature (0xF44213C) at Position 0x0000000

Other than that It is really great to have all these tools especially the Malware removal part.

Thank You

9. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Thanks! :)

and thanks for reporting the broken link. Definitions updated, it's now fixed.

Cheers

10. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi,

i just released version 1.0.0.8 BETA.

Fixed: Either the "Disk Defrag" button or the "Ccleaner" button would have to be selected in order to the unattended fix be executed completely. If not, the process would stop after the download of the other tools you selected: it wouldn’t actually start the scanning part. This bug has been fixed.

New: The malware removal section has been reworked. RKill and Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool were added. Most checkboxes from this section were removed, only the ones that are used to select the tools to automate were left. In “Automatic Tools” groupbox are the tools that can be automated (they can also be launched manually by clicking the respective button; and although Ccleaner and Defrag are in the “Optimize” groupbox but they can also be automated).

Some other minor improvements.

As usual, all feedback, bug reports, suggestions, etc. are welcome.

Thanks!

11. wladw

wladw MDL Member

May 7, 2015
    Thanks for sharing this awesome little app!

12. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    #12 AlexCa, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    @wladw
    Thank you, you're much welcome!

@windsman
    Thank you for your interest, the changelog for this version is in my post above (i've been posting the changes for each version, through comments, in the homepage - that's windows-repair-toolbox.blogspot.com).

Version 1.0.0.8 BETA:
    "Fixed: Either the "Disk Defrag" button or the "Ccleaner" button would have to be selected in order to the unattended fix be executed completely. If not, the process would stop after the download of the other tools you selected: it wouldn’t actually start the scanning part. This bug has been fixed.

New: The malware removal section has been reworked. RKill and Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool were added. Most checkboxes from this section were removed, only the ones that are used to select the tools to automate were left. In “Automatic Tools” groupbox are the tools that can be automated (they can also be launched manually by clicking the respective button; and although Ccleaner and Defrag are in the “Optimize” groupbox but they can also be automated).

Some other minor improvements."

13. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    My Bad didn't see your previous post:eek:, i delete mine.

windsman.

14. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Nice little tool :worthy:

Just a suggestion tho, on the installer version there needs to be a checkbox that disables the program from going to the tray. This is not the type of tool that constantly needs to run in the tray.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Thanks for the suggestion, added to my to do list!

16. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi all,

i've just released Version 1.0.0.9 BETA:

Fixed: If Kaspersky wasn’t selected to run during the unattended fix, the error “Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Windows_Repair_Toolbox\Downloads\Reports” would occur in a later stage and would break the process.

Fixed: The update feature of the portable version of Windows Repair Toolbox wasn’t working properly. If you’re running the portable version, don’t use the internal update feature to update to the current version 1.0.0.9. When prompted to update, click “No”, close the software, and visit the homepage get the new version. Since its fixed in version 1.0.0.9, there’s no need do this for future versions.

Added: information about the definitions version in the “About” tab.

Improved: During the unattended fix, the process seems to stop right after the download of Vipre Rescue Scanner. This is because the additional processing of Vipre files, that happens after the download, takes some time to complete. Now that information will be present in the text above the progress bar, and the progress bar itself will be filled during that event .

Several other small improvements and fixes.

17. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    @WIKIMACK
    Thank you for testing! :)

18. kakaran

kakaran MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2015
    It don't support Win xp :confused:

19. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Requirements: .NET Framework 4, did you install it first.